ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX728 vs STX828  (Read 4015 times)

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
SRX728 vs STX828
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »

I know what the spec sheets say, and I know the 828 gained weight without the neo magnets, but in the real world, how much difference is there?
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

jasonfinnigan

Re: SRX728 vs STX828
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

I know what the spec sheets say, and I know the 828 gained weight without the neo magnets, but in the real world, how much difference is there?

It is the STX successor it should be about the same. The reason the SRX was discounted was because of the neodymium magnets costs. I have no idea what any of STX series sounds or preforms like in real life as I've not heard them myself. Hopefully someone can comment on that.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:35:50 AM »

It is the STX successor it should be about the same. The reason the SRX was discounted was because of the neodymium magnets costs. I have no idea what any of STX series sounds or preforms like in real life as I've not heard them myself. Hopefully someone can comment on that.

I have a pile of SRX. Now also have 4 STX812Ms and 2 STX815Ms powered by I-Techs. Company I know bought (well, twice) 2 835s over 828s and it sounds amazing. Esp with CL1s at FOH and monitors. Haha. But really, they sound awesome.

Probably going to expand my SRX with some STX828s this winter/next spring. (Pro tip: This month is the end of JBL's fiscal year, so now's the time to hit up your fav dealer for some great pricing cos they wanna move as much as they can before the year ends!)

-Ray (I'm pretty much a full Harman house tho)
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »

I have a pile of SRX. Now also have 4 STX812Ms and 2 STX815Ms powered by I-Techs. Company I know bought (well, twice) 2 835s over 828s and it sounds amazing. Esp with CL1s at FOH and monitors. Haha. But really, they sound awesome.

Probably going to expand my SRX with some STX828s this winter/next spring. (Pro tip: This month is the end of JBL's fiscal year, so now's the time to hit up your fav dealer for some great pricing cos they wanna move as much as they can before the year ends!)

-Ray (I'm pretty much a full Harman house tho)

Amazing is the right word for the STX combo you mention Ray. I can't compare the 835 to anything in the older SRX lineup, because nothing in the SRX lineup never had a 3 way box of this type, and like you said, the sound from those boxes is amazing.

I can directly compare the sound and capability of the SRX 2268 driver against the 2242 used in the STX line subs, as some years ago I installed those drivers in a pair of Bag End 18" subs. The cabinet was the exact same size and the only mod needed was the vent. Sitting directly next to an SRX718 the sound quality is as good, the driver holds up without any issues and remains clear as a bell. The output is almost the exact same, however, I find the 2242 a bit better at reproducing sound below 40hz and down to 30hz. I came very close to replacing all of my SRX725s with the 835, and just may do that at the end of the summer. Great box and a super lineup. And by the way, the price of the 2242 still holds at about $1100ea.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.