ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: passive wedges  (Read 10456 times)

Kim Guibord

passive wedges
« on: June 16, 2014, 12:36:10 PM »

Hello: I have been using qsc k12 for monitors for the last few years, But looking to go back to passive wedges,  any reviews or suggestions would be appreciated.. looking at 12"

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: passive wedges
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 01:35:42 PM »

Hello: I have been using qsc k12 for monitors for the last few years, But looking to go back to passive wedges,  any reviews or suggestions would be appreciated.. looking at 12"

these sound excellent
Yorkville Elite EM378 Passive Wedge Monitor 350W
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Richard Turner

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »

Been using the EM526 yorkville for almost a year 2x6" + 1" tiny little thing makes an excellent little wedge, small coverage though
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »

Although discontinued, I love my JBL SRX712M's
Brian Jojade

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

I have powered versions of the EV ELX112 that I absolutely love,they're loud and clear.  Passive version SHOULD sound just as nice.  If you want a good speaker that's inexpensive, the Carvin PM153 makes a very nice sounding monitor and as a 3 way, it's very good for vocals. 
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »

The JBL SRX712M is pretty much the go to in the way of rider friendly passive monitors. It's getting quite old at this point however, and while they still sound great I'm not sure if I would invest in them.

Anyway why are you wanting to go from a power monitor to a passive system. Unless you want 2 monitors on the same mix you tend to be wasting some of the power amp power (as well as money). The trend for monitor even at touring level is starting to go toward powered monitors with everyone wanting discrete monitor mixes anymore.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 04:47:33 PM »

The JBL SRX712M is pretty much the go to in the way of rider friendly passive monitors. It's getting quite old at this point however, and while they still sound great I'm not sure if I would invest in them.

Anyway why are you wanting to go from a power monitor to a passive system. Unless you want 2 monitors on the same mix you tend to be wasting some of the power amp power (as well as money). The trend for monitor even at touring level is starting to go toward powered monitors with everyone wanting discrete monitor mixes anymore.

I have not used them, but I assume the STX812 will at least not be frowned upon in riders that would accept SRX712.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 05:07:48 PM »

If you don't have the budget for these: http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=150191.0 , then I'd suggest looking at the EV TX1122FM, Tannoy VX12HP.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Thomas Le

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 07:04:08 PM »

What's your budget? For small coin, can't go wrong with Yamaha SM12V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:36 PM »

What's your budget? For small coin, can't go wrong with Yamaha SM12V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO That would be a downgrade from the QSC K12s.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:36 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.