ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: VRX Line Array  (Read 50231 times)

jason misterka

Re: VRX Line Array
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »

That's kinda what I figure. He's one of those "dj" turn in to a sound guy.. and we all know how they are, He's probably pushing the boxes so hard the can in fact get as loud as the 850 but whole lack any clarity/intelligibility at that point.. I would be nice however if someone steped up to the plate a made a modern box that had the same power has the EAW 850 but I guess everyone want's a sexy line array now any one with good volume is going to be starting at like $50-$75k imo.

Someone did. We were one of the few that bought them. TurboSound Aspect 880.  Recently discontinued :(

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2014, 09:59:35 PM »

Someone did. We were one of the few that bought them. TurboSound Aspect 880.  Recently discontinued :(

True. We have the Turbosound TA-880H readily available to cross rent to us. Never used them though. Sad thing is even if you stumble upon a used buy it's usually around $11,000 per box.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02:47 PM »

Yeah, why did they stack the SRX728's on their sides?  What were they thinking??

I don't think stacking the 728s on their side will really hurt, but it must be pretty loud for all of the aircraft flying by. Looking at the picture, and if it could be done correctly, you would think as a last resort the cabinets could have been hung from the truss in the background. Not to mention that a little prior planning could have pout the truss up at the front of the stage. We should have a section on PSW called laugh of the day.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »

I don't think stacking the 728s on their side will really hurt, but it must be pretty loud for all of the aircraft flying by. Looking at the picture, and if it could be done correctly, you would think as a last resort the cabinets could have been hung from the truss in the background. Not to mention that a little prior planning could have pout the truss up at the front of the stage. We should have a section on PSW called laugh of the day.

Of course putting the 728's on their side wouldn't hurt, but WHY did they do that?  They have nice little feet that recess into themselves, and the handles make them easy to stack.  But I guess since they actually deployed the VRX cabinets the way they did, stacking the cabinets would be asking too much.
Brian Jojade

Rick Powell

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »

Yeah, why did they stack the SRX728's on their sides?  What were they thinking??

Do the limbo rock, mon!

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »

it must be pretty loud for all of the aircraft flying by.

Wait, aircraft?  I was thinking hot air balloon rides. Or tree climbers.  Anybody ever hear the story of Zacchaeus? 
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »

Wait, aircraft?  I was thinking hot air balloon rides. Or tree climbers.  Anybody ever hear the story of Zacchaeus?

I think they're trying to give some ambiance to Icarus...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »

I think they're trying to give some ambiance to Icarus...

See, there's a whole host of scenarios where that deployment makes sense.  We just don't see it from the picture.   :P
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.