ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speakers in rocks  (Read 8790 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Speakers in rocks
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 02:59:07 AM »

Justice,
I didn't recommend TIC sight unseen or sound not heard. If you call them they can usually assist with the design recommendations based on your needs. It's in their best interest to succeed. Not only for amusement parks, but for anything outside large or small.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »

Justice,
I didn't recommend TIC sight unseen or sound not heard. If you call them they can usually assist with the design recommendations based on your needs. It's in their best interest to succeed. Not only for amusement parks, but for anything outside large or small.

X2 for TIC, you might also checkout SoundTube if it doesn't have to be a rock. They have some pretty good sounding speakers for what they are. Were install quite a few of them each year.

Also I would second a 70V system of well placed speakers. Nothing in the ground is going to sound as good as some nice full range speakers flown off the poles, but there are definitely some usable solutions out there what should give you what you need.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »

One of their speakers will appear to be a little large and obtrusive if you go by the web site. The deal is it's a 360 degree speaker that you bury and only a few inches protrude above ground. That few inches is circular and the top can be covered with anything. I saw these at a Hilton in a very large atrium. Couldn't find the sound source so I went hunting. Some were covered with mulch, some stones, some under bushes, etc.. The speakers were well placed and there were no lulls in coverage, and the best part was the sound was very good and if I hadn't gone looking for them I would have never found them.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.