ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Failure an Hour Before Wedding Job  (Read 67067 times)

Ed Lohr

• Live Wire Sound Systems
Re: X32 Failure an Hour Before Wedding Job
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2013, 10:06:45 AM »

By not flexible I mean your stuck with only the fader banks the writer likes.  No API we can write to or config file we can modify.  No way to adjust the key combos or center mouse wheel function.  You HAVE to use it the way the original programmer thinks and he is very hostile if you don't like it.  I think it is a great concept.  I wish some other companies would come out with a similar product in a reasonable price range.

OK. I can agree with that.

Ed Lohr

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »

All later this year.

I'm extremely interested in this. Will you keep me posted?

Ed Lohr

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »

I've always looked at SAC as more of a DAW not quite the equal of many well written DAWs such as Cubase (which I own and use), and ProTools. I know Cubase can be would work just fine as a SAC, specifically the later versions past V4. Why not just invest in software of this type if you feel the need to mix with software only. What I can't really grasp is that by the time you've worked out all of the hardware and software needed to support SAC you could have purchased a really nice digital board. I must be missing something here.

Do you have any hands on experience with SAC? For the types of bands and venues I work in (mostly bars and night clubs) it works great. Some places don't have the space for a board out front or next to the "stage". It's nice to have all the features of a full console (and monitor console/s) without having to setup a physical console just so I can remote control it. I guess it's all about the level of comprise you're willing to deal with.

Rob Gow

Re: X32 Failure an Hour Before Job
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »

A 20 million dollar repair facility means little when the band is waiting on you and you X32 that isn't working.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2013, 06:48:52 PM »

I'm extremely interested in this. Will you keep me posted?
Yes,  This isn't me but a friend of mine.  I have seen it and heard it and as soon as he says GO I will let you know.
Not to Code

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: X32 Failure an Hour Before Job
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2013, 07:32:07 PM »

A 20 million dollar repair facility means little when the band is waiting on you and you X32 that isn't working.
As Hartley Peavey said years ago-when asked what amplifier he felt was best-he said "One that works".

If it is a choice between a great sounding/performing unit that does not work- or a "Piece of %#@& that DOES work-most people will choose the piece that works.

It has been funny to me over the years with visiting "engineers" and when a "pro" piece of gear has an issue-it is given a "free pass" because "Well that happens to that gear sometimes".

So they will "do without" (unless it is essentially needed), yet will bitch all over the place if a MI piece of gear is in place and actually WORKING.

So the engineer feels better because the "right gear" (although broken) is in the room?  How does that make it usable??????????????????????????

Maybe I am confused :(
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »

It did it again Saturday night (June 21, 2014) setting up for private party.  Exact same symptoms, a year later, http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=145694.msg1341382#msg1341382

Since originally posting this last summer, I purchased and use a Tripp Lite SMART750RM (http://bit.ly/1jJtJoc).  The X32 was plugged in to this... the Tripp Lite was happy, indicating no irregularities.  Went to power up the X32... the back lights on the buttons around the LCD screen were lit up but nothing else.

Replaced the IEC power cord with several others, no luck.

Sent band member to go pick up the backup analog console... like last time, let it set there partially "booted" magically half hour later it boots up.  No other issues for the rest of the evening.

Plugged in at the office this morning, just fine with or without the Tripp Lite.

How much confidence will you have in the board going forward, and are you planning to "send it away" to LV now that the issue has become intermittent and harder to diagnose?

Exactly.  Ugh.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »

It did it again Saturday night (June 21, 2014) setting up for private party.  Exact same symptoms, a year later, http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=145694.msg1341382#msg1341382

Since originally posting this last summer, I purchased and use a Tripp Lite SMART750RM (http://bit.ly/1jJtJoc).  The X32 was plugged in to this... the Tripp Lite was happy, indicating no irregularities.  Went to power up the X32... the back lights on the buttons around the LCD screen were lit up but nothing else.

Replaced the IEC power cord with several others, no luck.

Sent band member to go pick up the backup analog console... like last time, let it set there partially "booted" magically half hour later it boots up.  No other issues for the rest of the evening.

Plugged in at the office this morning, just fine with or without the Tripp Lite.

Exactly.  Ugh.

Sounds like a power supply/leaky capacitor issue to me.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »

I really like the idea of the mix engine being set the stage ala iLive or the X32 rack. With the iLive you can choose your surface size or use an iPad. I expect the X32 to evolve that way as a choice.

I like being able to remote mix. I did a 2 day festival this past weekend with my LS9 at side stage. I could set the trims and monitors at the mixer then walk out to the audience to dial in the mix.

What I don't like is that I cannot continue to look at the band while mixing. I must watch the iPad which means I may miss a gesture from the stage.

Also, not all the remote mixing apps are responsive. Stagemix is, I hear the X32 one is, but I find the GLD app to be sluggish and unpredictable.

I want a handheld device with 8 real faders, a touchscreen about the size of half an iPad that behaves something like Stagemix but customizable for many mixers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:28 AM »

...Also, not all the remote mixing apps are responsive. Stagemix is, I hear the X32 one is, but I find the GLD app to be sluggish and unpredictable.

I have both an X32 and GLD and agree. Hopefully Allen Heath will redo the GLD iPad app, I find the GLD iPad app the only feature of the GLD that is 'not fantastic', everything else about the GLD has exceeded my expectations.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:28 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.