ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assorted JBL Screws?  (Read 3021 times)

Tracy Garner

Assorted JBL Screws?
« on: November 10, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »

I've been looking everywhere else but JBL service for some screws.

SRX718 caster kit is missing a total of 5 screws from 2 boxes.
SP215-6 has 4 eyebolts attached but I don't need the eyebolts. I would like to fill those holes wiith regular screws...

Does anyone in Atlanta have a coffee can in their shop with a few of those items in it?

You can't find those screws in the chain hardware stores or even the old school corner hardware stores.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Assorted JBL Screws?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

SP215-6 has 4 eyebolts attached but I don't need the eyebolts. I would like to fill those holes wiith regular screws...

Does anyone in Atlanta have a coffee can in their shop with a few of those items in it?

You can't find those screws in the chain hardware stores or even the old school corner hardware stores.

They are just regular M-10 threads.

Tracy Garner

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »

They are just regular M-10 threads.

Thats what I said too...

Turns out I can't find the right head for the M-10 at the big box or the corner hardware stores.

On the SRX718, I can find everything but the screw that matches what comes with the kit which I believe is a 5/16" 18tpi with a #3 Phillips head. I've seen them with everything BUT the matching head.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 04:44:40 PM »

Thats what I said too...

Turns out I can't find the right head for the M-10 at the big box or the corner hardware stores.

On the SRX718, I can find everything but the screw that matches what comes with the kit which I believe is a 5/16" 18tpi with a #3 Phillips head. I've seen them with everything BUT the matching head.

Try Amazon.  Seriously.

I live in a town where you can find all kinds of obscure aerospace fasteners, but finding more than couple dozen more conventional metric fasteners is impossible.  Amazon had what I needed and got it to me in 2 days.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »

belmetric.com

boltdepot.com

BTW - I use Allen button-head screws for filling "unsightly" holes:

Example:

www.belmetric.com/stainless-allen-head-products-socket-button-head-c-563_581_584.html

-Dennis
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:03:13 PM by Dennis Wiggins »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.