ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ShowXpress users? Need a quick decision  (Read 2856 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
ShowXpress users? Need a quick decision
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »

Hey everyone,

I am working with a venue on there lighting.  They have about 6 movers, and 24 LED's.  They were suggested Chauvet ShowXpress™ software and dongle.  I have zero experience with this software, they have to pull the trigger in the next 24 to 48hours to meet there opening date.

I personally have used Elations Compu  products, they were super easy to program and run/set up.  I don't remember having any issues at all.  Seems like they are in the same price point, any experience either way?

I wish I had the time tonight to spend on the software but prior commitments don't allow that, so I figured I would see if anyone has any input here.

Thank you as always,

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
Re: ShowXpress users? Need a quick decision
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »

I need to add, that this venue cant be using anything that is to "complicated".  Need to be able to add profiles kinda like the elation does and just click and do stuff, build scenes etc.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »

I would say the Elation is probably better, but a lot of people use the ShowXpress as well. Youtube would be you friend when comparing how easy one is to use and what the interface is like. But the best way is to download both and play with them, ShowXpress and Elation both have free trial versions. Download them.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »

I sell both, and for me the Xpress outsells Compuware by a good margin. So far no complaints, in fact a customer called me a couple of nights ago to xpress how happy he was with the software.

One minor consideration would be what type of fixtures they are using, as each company will obviously load more profiles for their own lights in the initial library.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.