ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant find a Drummer so im doing it myself....need some advice  (Read 5660 times)

Brandon Wright

Re: Cant find a Drummer so im doing it myself....need some advice
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »

I've seen a 58 wrapped in a towel used with good effect as well.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »

If you mean me, yes, my back porch is made from the same material as the porchboard :^).

The porchboard has around a 31 Hz fundamental, too low to be reproduced at much level with most easily portable sound systems, and very little going on other than the 62 and 124 Hz harmonics- rather boring sounding compared to all the other suggestions.

One of the more interesting "porch" or "stomp" boxes I've heard is an old Dr. Pepper bottle flat - the kind that was used to ship & store bottles.  The loose boards made a nice snapping/thwapping sound that worked with the 'thud'.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 08:35:13 PM »

Well this had made for a way more enlightening conversation than I expected.  I guess I just didn't think of using household stuff to make my own stomp box somehow.  I prefer to stand and play so I might attempt a larger one for when I kick with my toe behind me and maybe a different normal one for other sounds.  I have a punch of random guitar parts from my dads collection of stuff, so this might get interesting! I appreciate it and of course if anyone has any other recommendations, keep them coming.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 08:35:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.