ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DiGiCo SD10 24/ Sennheiser EW500 G3 v 2000 series  (Read 2400 times)

David Hart

DiGiCo SD10 24/ Sennheiser EW500 G3 v 2000 series
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:40:22 AM »

Hi all,
Im thinking of upgrading my SD9 to an SD10 24, I like the 24 fader version as I do a lot of theatre gigs and space at FOH can often be an issue.
Has anyone on here made the step up from the SD9 or are using a SD10/SD10 24...what are your opinions on this desk?
The only thing I'm not sure about is that the screen is positioned to the left of console where the SD9's screen is nice and central, I suppose I will just get used to it.

One other thing... Looking to buy a 4 way rack of handhelds and another 4 way rack of IEM's, been looking at the Sennheiser EM2050 and SR2050 systems, do they offer anything more than bandwidth for the extra cash?
Is the Audio/RF quality any better over the top of the range G3 systems?

Many thanks,

David :)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: DiGiCo SD10 24/ Sennheiser EW500 G3 v 2000 series
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

Hi all,
Im thinking of upgrading my SD9 to an SD10 24, I like the 24 fader version as I do a lot of theatre gigs and space at FOH can often be an issue.
Has anyone on here made the step up from the SD9 or are using a SD10/SD10 24...what are your opinions on this desk?
The only thing I'm not sure about is that the screen is positioned to the left of console where the SD9's screen is nice and central, I suppose I will just get used to it.

One other thing... Looking to buy a 4 way rack of handhelds and another 4 way rack of IEM's, been looking at the Sennheiser EM2050 and SR2050 systems, do they offer anything more than bandwidth for the extra cash?

Many thanks,

Speaking as an SD8 user here - but it's a very similar surface to the SD10.  Having the 3 encoders below the screen and the row up top is REAL nice compared to the 9.  Having the screen line up above the faders is also real nice.  I mixed on an SD9 this morning and I missed those two things.

I'd also trade the SD8 for the SD10 in a heartbeat if I had the cash because on the 8 I run out of channels a few times a year.  Sacrificing all channels being flexi for a higher channel count is real nice.  But the 10 wasn't out when I got the 8, so, there's that.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »

Speaking as an SD8 user here - but it's a very similar surface to the SD10.  Having the 3 encoders below the screen and the row up top is REAL nice compared to the 9.  Having the screen line up above the faders is also real nice.  I mixed on an SD9 this morning and I missed those two things.

I'd also trade the SD8 for the SD10 in a heartbeat if I had the cash because on the 8 I run out of channels a few times a year.  Sacrificing all channels being flexi for a higher channel count is real nice.  But the 10 wasn't out when I got the 8, so, there's that.

The software is identical, except for the feature upgrades of course, like the entire SD series. The 3 encoders can be nice (especially on multiband comp) but you might miss the encoder assign buttons to the left of the screen on the SD9. It is made up for by more dedicated encoders, but I think I honestly prefer the SD9 system. Not a big deal though though as there are more encoders. Whats the big thing you are looking to gain in the upgrade? The SD9 just got 24 flexi busses in the recent software upgrade...mmmmm.....

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »

Many thanks,

Hi David,

SR2050 IEM TX will output 100mW RF at high power setting.  G3's go to 30mW.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.