ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source for replacement breakers for Quantum Energy Devices Distros  (Read 1840 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions

Anyone here ever have to find the Airpax breakers that go in the QED power distros?  Maybe one of our PRG friends here knows where to find the?

Any help with a source is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Source for replacement breakers for Quantum Energy Devices Distros
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »

A quick online search shows that Newark and DigiKey are Airpax distributors.  Perhaps a phone call?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »

A quick online search shows that Newark and DigiKey are Airpax distributors.  Perhaps a phone call?
Newark didn't show any stock for the part #, but Digi-Key does.

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »

I had already searched Digikey to find them.  Their markups seemed a little extreme for the item.

I also found a replacement by a company called Carling but I can't tell if the delay rating of 62F matches any of Carling's rating.  They are priced considerably differently that the Digikey price for the Airpax.  The Delay rating is important for these breakers so that they don't have nuisance trips from instantaneous peaks in current demand.

I have also talked with the regional sales rep for Airpax and he gave me a couple numbers to call but none of them keep stock on hand for this particular item.

Jeff Robinson

• Kansas City, MO
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »

I had already searched Digikey to find them.  Their markups seemed a little extreme for the item.

I also found a replacement by a company called Carling but I can't tell if the delay rating of 62F matches any of Carling's rating.  They are priced considerably differently that the Digikey price for the Airpax.  The Delay rating is important for these breakers so that they don't have nuisance trips from instantaneous peaks in current demand.

I have also talked with the regional sales rep for Airpax and he gave me a couple numbers to call but none of them keep stock on hand for this particular item.

Sensata has a distributor search inventory function, two other distributors have 1 each in stock.

http://www.stkcheck.com/evs/cart/first.asp?mbr_id=01024501&part=LELH11-31364-1&date=06/17/2014&mfg=AIRPAX&mfgorig=AIRPAX / SENSATA

http://www.stkcheck.com/evs/cart/first.asp?mbr_id=01100203&part=LELH11-31364-1&date=06/17/2014&mfg=AIRPAX&mfgorig=AIRPAX / SENSATA

Digikey has none in stock, anyway.

HTH

Jeff Robinson
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:18:00 PM by Jeff Robinson »
Excerpt from Shelley's 'Ode to a Skylark':
Pourest thy full heart
In profuse strains of unpremeditated art
Such harmonious madness
From my lips would flow
The world should listen then, as I am listening now!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.