ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really, So somebody would SURVIVE on this stage?  (Read 9561 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Really, So somebody would SURVIVE on this stage?
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »

Apart from trailer stages, I have also done quite a few gigs on stages made from scaffolding.  Some of them have been quite impressive constructions.

Steve.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »

Is this for trailers with a swan neck?  We don't see those over here (UK) but it's a better option for towing a trailer than a hook bolted to the chassis/body.

Do they apply weight directly to the back axle like a proper truck's fifth wheel coupling are are they just bolted to the bed?

EDIT:  Dually as in dual rear wheels.  I get it now.
Stevce.

Just like a lorry (or, as we call them in the States, a semi*), but smaller and without the air brakes. Usually the trailer brakes are electric. The brake controller is activated by a tap from the brake/stop light circuit and an inertial sensor is used to adjust the braking force.

There are typically two different attachment methods: a "5th wheel" hitch where a vertical pin on the tongue of the trailer slides into the side of a disc and is locked in place (just like a lorry), or a "ball" style hitch -- both in the bed of the pickup over the rear axle.

*"Semi" is short for "semi-tractor trailer rig." Attached image shamelessly stolen from trucktrend.com
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:29:41 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

Just like a lorry (or, as we call them in the States, a semi*), but smaller and without the air brakes. Usually the trailer brakes are electric. The brake controller is activated by a tap from the brake/stop light circuit and an inertial sensor is used to adjust the braking force.

There are typically two different attachment methods: a "5th wheel" hitch where a vertical pin on the tongue of the trailer slides into the side of a disc and is locked in place (just like a lorry), or a "ball" style hitch -- both in the bed of the pickup over the rear axle.

*"Semi" is short for "semi-tractor trailer rig." Attached image shamelessly stolen from trucktrend.com

Yup that's the ticket. The weight of the tongue is centered directly over the rear axle, but otherwise not directly attached to the axle or suspension. The hitch is bolted to the bed of the truck.

And I have many gigs under my belt played on a trailer just like that one in the picture....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Richard Turner

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

The brake controller is supposed to be actuated by the brake pedal, It is powered directly from the battery with an auto resetting circut breaker (not a fuse) and a sense line which attaches to the back side of the brake light switch so you have brakes automatically with your foot pedal and in case of ignition failure. The older ones have 2 adustments max force and application speed. most of the new and cheap ones only have max force adjustment and speed is not adjustable, I like the older ones better as you can actually turn them fully off for light trailers and when reversing

Also there is the manual apply button which is supposed to be for emergency and testing only.

So if you are driving a rig that does not work off foot pedal I would guess it was installed in a hurry at a you yank or RV centre on a sunny afternoon in a hurry.

Source? I've installed quite a few of them over the years.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »

i like simi flatbeds like this. Jackyl did this in the early 90's in Merietta Georgia. they have the generator on a seperate truck. K-Mart would not sell their cd so they did this. totally awsome totally ! < oops ! i dont know where that came from. i do live in san fernando valley. its totally awsome !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCm6re-RTdc

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.