ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure SE425 or Westone UM Pro 20  (Read 6519 times)

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Shure SE425 or Westone UM Pro 20
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:06:27 AM »

You have $300; which universal ear bud would you go with? Shure SE425 or Westone UM Pro 20.

I looking/researching for the band to upgrade from the stock Sennheiser IE4 that I provide and into a better dual driver ear bud. I'm leaning towards the Westone because there is more in the kit, plus I like the hard case for ear bud storage better.

Since this is something that we can't test/demo. I'd like to hear some comments about these 2 choices OR if you have another universal bud to check out. Discontinued models aren't an option, we are buying 7 pairs.

I've tried getting them into a set of customs, but at $500+ (Once you include the fitting & checkup) its hard for them to commit to. The band recently switched from wedges and into Ears, so we are taking baby steps.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
Re: Shure SE425 or Westone UM Pro 20
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »

You have $300; which universal ear bud would you go with? Shure SE425 or Westone UM Pro 20.
I've just been handling 200 sets off Shure SE535 IEM for the ESC, very fine product with better mechanical feel than Westone, and they sound good too. If the SE435 is voiced and built the same way I would go for them.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Shure SE425 or Westone UM Pro 20
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.