ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Driverack PX  (Read 9083 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: Driverack PX
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 07:34:11 PM »

Thanks for responding guys. I'm only running a QSC PLX1804 to some Yammy 4115's - no subs. I would just like to have it to simplify things. It takes me forever to ring out my mains and monitors (Peavey PR-12's), and we usually don't have the luxury of a proper sound check. I'm also interested in the feedback suppression. I run sound from the stage, and I hate tweaking while we're playing.

Bob,

I repeat what others have said. The unit has no functionality that would probably benefit you. The auto eq function isn't that great and you'll need a $99 RTA mic to use it.  31 band eq and some common sense is your best bet for combating feedback outside of better mics and speakers. Since I changed my vocal mics and monitors feedback rarely ever happens on my stages, not even when we're setting the system up during sound check.

I have the DRPA+ and I only use the crossover and alignment delay, 2 things you have no use for. I'm not even sure how well the AFS even works. I find it too much trouble to go thru the menus to tell if it's actually doing anything.  If you're just interested in eliminating feedback I think your money would be better spent elsewhere.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »

I would also suggest avoiding the Alesis DEQ-830 - while it's great to  have 8 channels of 31 band EQ in one rack space - it's useless for mixing while you're playing. Bought it and sold it a gig later.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »

I use a 4x8 DSP in my big rig (for the lounge) with biamped mains plus subs and still. I only use the crossover, EQ, and delays for driver alignment and backline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

The auto eq function isn't that great and you'll need a $99 RTA mic to use it.

FWIW, the $149.95 deal includes the mic.  I was tempted to pick one up, but you've all talked me out of it.
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »

The wrong gear at the right price is still ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Lyle Williams

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »

Quote from: Ned Ward
the interface was impossible to use in combat audio situations

this.

Bob Burke

• 90 dB
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:44 AM »

Thanks a million guys. I sometimes go for the hype - got a ton of unusable gear to prove it! You just saved me $150. Usually when I come here I end up spending money. ;D

I'll just keep tweaking my dbx 231.

Regards,

Bob

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.