ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Musicians Friend dropping Behringer.  (Read 27743 times)

John Sabine

Musicians Friend dropping Behringer.
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »

Got a call yesterday to let me know that the S16 I had ordered wouldn't be shipping because Musicians Friend is dropping Behringer. No details were offered except to say that they were blowing out all in stock Behringer units.
"I think it needs more barn"

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: Musicians Friend dropping Behringer.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »

Guitar Center just dropped Behringer. Behringer recently lowered Guitar Center's credit rating, and Guitar Center didn't like it so they dropped the line. Guitar Center owns Musician's Friend, so them dropping Behringer wasn't unexpected.

Maybe Guitar Center should pay their bills and things like this wouldn't happen.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »

Got a call yesterday to let me know that the S16 I had ordered wouldn't be shipping because Musicians Friend is dropping Behringer. No details were offered except to say that they were blowing out all in stock Behringer units.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=149832.0

https://soundforums.net/threads/10210-Behringer-leaving-Guitar-Center

MF is part of Guitar Center.  GC didn't pay their bills and Behringer put them on credit hold, meaning all new orders were pre-paid or COD.  When that didn't work, they put GC on "business hold" which means in effect that Music Group revoked GC's dealer agreement.  For non-payment.

Note that any product purchased from MF/GC after the revocation is "gray market" and will not likely be covered by warranty.  I'd suggest prospective purchasers contact Music Group's CARE facility in Las Vegas for a "horse's  mouth" answer.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Parker

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=149832.0

https://soundforums.net/threads/10210-Behringer-leaving-Guitar-Center

MF is part of Guitar Center.  GC didn't pay their bills and Behringer put them on credit hold, meaning all new orders were pre-paid or COD.  When that didn't work, they put GC on "business hold" which means in effect that Music Group revoked GC's dealer agreement.  For non-payment.

Note that any product purchased from MF/GC after the revocation is "gray market" and will not likely be covered by warranty.  I'd suggest prospective purchasers contact Music Group's CARE facility in Las Vegas for a "horse's  mouth" answer.

this is scary stuff. The two biggest musical equipment retailers drop one of the biggest selling lines they have? This isn't the end of the story, can't be.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:57:29 PM »

this is scary stuff. The two biggest musical equipment retailers drop one of the biggest selling lines they have? This isn't the end of the story, can't be.

they would dump me too, if we did not pay...just add a lot of zeros to a number for GC and MF and we are talking about significant amount of money being in limbo...would make any mfr. and distributor not sleep well and since it all goes through a single master distributors warehouse, that also may be where-in the problem lies as well. if they can't pay their bills , they should be put on hold or dumped just like the rest of us would be dumped...too many legit customers out there that do pay , like us !
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:57:18 AM »

You've got it backwards because of the GC/MF spin, spin, spin.  They didn't drop Behringer, Behringer cut them off because GC was seriously in arrears, with no certainty of forthcoming payment.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Parker

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »

You've got it backwards because of the GC/MF spin, spin, spin.  They didn't drop Behringer, Behringer cut them off because GC was seriously in arrears, with no certainty of forthcoming payment.

yes, I understand that. My point is the whole meltdown. The irony of the largest retailers dropping the largest brand, the one they sell the most of. Is this just one of the first meltdowns, others to come in other areas of the economy?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:40:48 AM »

What makes you think Behringer was their largest selling brand? Low cost?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

yes, I understand that. My point is the whole meltdown. The irony of the largest retailers dropping the largest brand, the one they sell the most of. Is this just one of the first meltdowns, others to come in other areas of the economy?

I think the meltdown happened years ago. They have just been on life support from various debt holders. Unfortunately in the meantime they have lowballed many responsible independent dealers out of business.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tomm Williams

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »

I've heard rumors for a couple of years that GC isn't financially healthy. Keeping a closer eye on their used gear site to see if prices plummet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.