ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very heavy wireless use example  (Read 16313 times)

Jesse Stern

• www.jsaudio.xyz
Re: Very heavy wireless use example
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 08:27:23 PM »

I've noticed too that this will in fact increase the resolution of your .csv data.  What I don't understand is why the RBW can't be adjusted independently of the span size shown on the TTi.  Why can't I just do 1 full UHF scan with the RBW set to 15khz for the sake of the .CSV export?  Even if the data can't be shown high resolution on the TTi screen I would think that it should still be able to save the trace data at 15khz resolution.

Cameron and David, thanks for the tip on multiple exports with smaller bandwidths. Will try that next time.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »

I've noticed too that this will in fact increase the resolution of your .csv data.  What I don't understand is why the RBW can't be adjusted independently of the span size shown on the TTi.  Why can't I just do 1 full UHF scan with the RBW set to 15khz for the sake of the .CSV export?  Even if the data can't be shown high resolution on the TTi screen I would think that it should still be able to save the trace data at 15khz resolution.

Not enough processing power and the RF stage likely has inadequate selectivity.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Roland Clarke

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »

This is the spectrum at the CMT 2014 awards.  We are at the point that almost no more frequencies can be added, even if we dont check intermod.  The coord is separated into 7 zones.  We have 26 BTR systems!  Show has 352 freqs with 156 just for Comms.   This covers the main show and 3 performance areas outside.  Jeff Briggette did the coordination and has the scars to prove it.  Good job.  I am on the outside stages.

Please RAD, hurry up with your  UV-1G!

It's an interesting project, what I do wonder about is that with 156 frequencies used for comms, why they didn't look for alternative solutions and simplify the whole thing?

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

What I don't understand is why the RBW can't be adjusted independently of the span size shown on the TTi.  Why can't I just do 1 full UHF scan with the RBW set to 15khz for the sake of the .CSV export?

Don't know about the PSA but I also wished that RBW could be adjusted in the RFExplorer independent of the span.

My usual settings for good resolution in WWB has me exporting 16 CSV files each with 28MHz span.

My tutorial on how do this can be found here:

http://shure-community.custhelp.com/posts/2dd89376b3

Gotta love when a nice topic from a couple of years ago suddenly resurfaces.

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »

Not enough processing power and the RF stage likely has inadequate selectivity.
All of the spectrum measurement challenges in this thread are why I love, love, LOVE my Signal Hound BB60C. It sweeps stupid fast, catches transients and FHSS signals, can do enormous spans with fine RBW's, has a super-linear front end with a quiet and gain-selectable preamp, internal selectable stepped value attenuator, and exports CSV files that require only minor tweaking to import into IAS and WWB6.

Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse the inevitable spelling and grammatical errors.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 08:51:34 PM »

All of the spectrum measurement challenges in this thread are why I love, love, LOVE my Signal Hound BB60C. It sweeps stupid fast, catches transients and FHSS signals, can do enormous spans with fine RBW's, has a super-linear front end with a quiet and gain-selectable preamp, internal selectable stepped value attenuator, and exports CSV files that require only minor tweaking to import into IAS and WWB6.

Jason, how do you really feel?

See ya in DC in a couple of weeks.

Mac

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 09:49:50 PM »

Jason, how do you really feel?

See ya in DC in a couple of weeks.

Mac
Haha! I've owned or used the same RF instruments that most of the SR community has, and can't control my enthusiasm now that I've found the right tool for the job. ;-)

I'm also looking forward to our upcoming weeks in paradise. The gig may be in the center of a political cesspool, but I'm happy that the theater is well shielded (from RF- unfortunately not from politics) and that we'll be long gone by Nov. 8!

Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse the inevitable spelling and grammatical errors.

Jesse Stern

• www.jsaudio.xyz
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »

The Signal Hound looks cool but I would like to still have something that can operate as a standalone unit for capturing .CSV scans without needing to be hooked up to my laptop.  I'm currently using setup files I downloaded from Pete Erskine's site that scan the UHF spectrum I need to see in 3 separate scans:  470-542, 542-626, and 626-698.  It gets me useful scan data for IAS but still seems tedious that I have to do 3 scans just to get some decent resolution. 

Is there a way to set an "exclusion threshold" in IAS to disqualify potential frequencies based on the imported scan data?  I would like to set it to avoid anywhere that shows over -80db on the scan, similar to how WWB does.

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 07:19:32 PM »

The Signal Hound looks cool but I would like to still have something that can operate as a standalone unit for capturing .CSV scans without needing to be hooked up to my laptop.  I'm currently using setup files I downloaded from Pete Erskine's site that scan the UHF spectrum I need to see in 3 separate scans:  470-542, 542-626, and 626-698.  It gets me useful scan data for IAS but still seems tedious that I have to do 3 scans just to get some decent resolution. 

Is there a way to set an "exclusion threshold" in IAS to disqualify potential frequencies based on the imported scan data?  I would like to set it to avoid anywhere that shows over -80db on the scan, similar to how WWB does.
It won't let you set a threshold and do it automatically as WWB6 will, but you can right click on the graph and set exclusion ranges manually.

Jesse Stern

• www.jsaudio.xyz
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »

It won't let you set a threshold and do it automatically as WWB6 will, but you can right click on the graph and set exclusion ranges manually.

I just heard from someone at Professional Wireless that scan-based exclusions is a feature they are planning to implement on the next version. 

I'm hoping they also add some functionality like multi-select, the ability to sort your frequency lists alphabetically, lock/unlock entire assignments, analyze a freq from your list without deleting and re-adding it, ect... and stop making it scroll back to the top of the list everytime I recalculate anything! 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 25 queries.