ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VGA distribution?  (Read 3127 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
VGA distribution?
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »

So I have two of the same model TV's that are used in one of my event rooms. Right now I have just a basic MonoPrice 1x4 Amplified VGA distro box. What I'm running into is that one TV will see the proper resolution, and the other will see a different resolution, say for instance 1440x900 on the one, and 1024x768 on the other.

Is there a tool/box that alleviates this issue? There isn't a setting on the TV's to set the resolution unfortunately. I've been looking at some Extron/Kramer products but am not sure what I should be looking for.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Jordan Wolf

Re: VGA distribution?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »

Make sure that the VGA cables you are using are fully pinned...sometimes the DDC pin will be missing and the EDID won't be communicated.

Outside of that, you may need an EDID spoofer to emulate one EDID to the source device if the DA doesn't do so.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: VGA distribution?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.