ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'We're bringing our own sound guy'  (Read 20559 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: 'We're bringing our own sound guy'
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »

I had cops on site basically laugh at me after I pointed to the PM that stole a wireless mic because of a conflict with another PM. The police barely stepped in when the two PM's almost went to blows. That was a fun show...

Point being, cops don't want to get into production affairs unless whoever hired them asked them too.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »

I had cops on site basically laugh at me after I pointed to the PM that stole a wireless mic because of a conflict with another PM. The police barely stepped in when the two PM's almost went to blows. That was a fun show...

Point being, cops don't want to get into production affairs unless whoever hired them asked them too.

The big advantage to working for a municipality, the cops are our security at events.  We don't have to do much more than point....  That said with great power comes great responsibility.... I have never had need to do it but it's nice to know its there if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »

A few years back a touring band's tech, a huge, muscular dude, was being clueless and a jerk.  So I called Chuck Norris and he dispatched the big guy with one punch.

Another time a little old lady interrupted me at the board to ask if I had a trash can for a candy wrapper.  I told her she should know better and had her hauled off by the police.  I don't mess around.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.