ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: leasing?  (Read 2484 times)

Bob Kidd

leasing?
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »

I have a bar customer that I have provided service for a number of years. A system pretty much stays there a is used 6 days a week from DJs to bands. Most of the time we are there running system. Now owner wants to either buy system or lease from me, due to he feels it is costing to much now and would be cheaper to own. Right now his cost ranges on average of $225 a day with us running system. Never considered leasing and I do not want to sell my system. He current is using my A system (srx). Looking for opinions on leasing from one's that do this as part of their business. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:29:54 AM by Bob Kidd »

Paul G. OBrien

Re: leasing?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »

Why would you even consider financing his purchase? If he wants to do you a favor and buy it then let him, but I suspect he's thinking he can get it all for a couple thousand dollars and is in for a bad case of sticker shock when you present him with the purchase price, so you may be back to the leasing or renting options again.. or maybe you can sell him a system that fits in his budget.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:46:11 AM »

Sound companies often lease systems to venues.  Take the prep, transportation, and labor costs out of your daily rate and maybe that can be your "per use" fee.  Or come up with a monthly flat fee.  I think the biggest caveat is to be very specific on a repair contract.  You want to be the one who gets the call to repair it, and you also want to limit when those calls can come in, or at least have a much higher rate if they need you to come in and fix something at 11pm.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 02:46:17 PM »

I think there is no harm in you selling him this system at prevailing prices. After all you have "cashed" this cow long enough and if you refuse, he will buy some trush from someone else! Maybe you can still sell and manage it for him at some cost? Make sure he can pay all upfront so you can use the funds to make better purchases
Cheers
Conrad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »

I have a bar customer that I have provided service for a number of years. A system pretty much stays there a is used 6 days a week from DJs to bands. Most of the time we are there running system. Now owner wants to either buy system or lease from me, due to he feels it is costing to much now and would be cheaper to own. Right now his cost ranges on average of $225 a day with us running system. Never considered leasing and I do not want to sell my system. He current is using my A system (srx). Looking for opinions on leasing from one's that do this as part of their business. Thanks

There are many companies that handle leasing for you. you sell the gear to the leasing company and they take payments from the customer (usually as a lease to own type thing)
if you've never leased before I'd highly recommend this option for several reasons:
1) you get paid. upfront. guaranteed.
2) if the customer misses a payment or whatever YOU don't have to be the bad guy and can still have a good relationship when he needs more gear
3) the leasing company does the credit checks etc for you (if they won't take on the lease, you shouldn't either)
4) if the place goes under and the leasing company repossesses the gear you'll probably be the one to get the call offering to sell it back to you (at a fraction of the cost)
5) if the place goes under and the owner disappears into the night with the gear, refer to #1 and breathe a sigh of relief that you didn't finance it.

the extra income from financing it yourself can be tempting, but it's only worth it if you have enough leased gear out there to be able to absorb a loss every now and then. if you only handle one lease and it goes bad, you're going to feel it.

Jason

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:13:06 PM »

If you sell it to him you will get a chunk of money but have no system.

Leasing gives you steady income and you still own the system.
Leasing keeps your foot in the door and others out.

Make sure your system has some type of insurance.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:13:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.