ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW SB2001 Opinions  (Read 19150 times)

Dave Gunnell

Re: EAW SB2001 Opinions
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »

...with a 3/3 a side KF850T/SB2001 and the low end sounds great.

So what are you using to power the SB2001s?  How much power/driver, and at what impedance are you loading your amps?

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »

So what are you using to power the SB2001s?  How much power/driver, and at what impedance are you loading your amps?
We use an I-Tech 8000 for every two cabinets.  Side A is cabinet one and Side B is cabinet two.  Generally, the amp is showing a 5 ohm load although it does go lower as you get close to driving the speakers full out.  I have seen it register 3.4 ohm on the amp before.  I am sure that there is some reason for that, but I am not sure why.

Bill  ;)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

3/3 a side KF850T/SB2001 and the low end sounds great.

I am sure those audiences got their money's worth, but KF850s - TAD or no - are simply not a serious option for THIS audience of touring pro's. I witnessed their birth and development, but to use them as a benchmark by which to judge current offerings is just weird.....before we bring in the measurement tools.

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 11:35:01 AM »

I am sure those audiences got their money's worth, but KF850s - TAD or no - are simply not a serious option for THIS audience of touring pro's. I witnessed their birth and development, but to use them as a benchmark by which to judge current offerings is just weird.....before we bring in the measurement tools.
Jim, I appreciate your opinion.  I was simply giving an example of my experience.  I agree that 3/3 aside isn't going to turn anyone's head in this forum, but it does a fine job for what we need to used them for.  Additionally, the great thing about the 850 system, old as it might be, is that it is easily scalable.  Just add more cabs and amps as needed.  I would much rather use the 850/with 1000/2000 series subs than just about any line-array that I personally have heard. 

Also please note that I was answering the original post.

Thanks and have a great day.

Bill  ;)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »

Bill-

Thank you for reminding us that this isn't JAMA, The Lancet, etc., but just an opinion forum.

The 850 is so old that the "No KF850" line has been absent from tech riders for years, just like "No S4, TASCO Harwell, Hill Audio" etc. disappeared long ago.

That said, if you and clients are satisfied with scalable comb filtering that delivers whack-a-mole coverage coupled with an intractable size/weight penalty, then bless you. I prefer my sound gear post-millenium.

Just my opinion..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:48:15 PM by Jim McKeveny »

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 02:16:04 PM »

Bill-

Thank you for reminding us that this isn't JAMA, The Lancet, etc., but just an opinion forum.

The 850 is so old that the "No KF850" line has been absent from tech riders for years, just like "No S4, TASCO Harwell, Hill Audio" etc. disappeared long ago.

That said, if you and clients are satisfied with scalable comb filtering that delivers whack-a-mole coverage coupled with an intractable size/weight penalty, then bless you. I prefer my sound gear post-millenium.

Just my opinion..
Jim, I was trying to be nice and not hurt anyone's feelings or step on any toe, but you just had to go and piss me off.  So as my last act before being ban from this site I say...and please quote me on this...'Fuck You and the Horse you rode in on you arrogant Rat Ass Bastard ...'  Please feel free to ban me for my language... I think I was clear...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:18:23 PM by Bill Schnake »
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »

Jim, I was trying to be nice and not hurt anyone's feelings or step on any toe, but you just had to go and piss me off.  So as my last act before being ban from this site I say...and please quote me on this...'Fuck You and the Horse you rode in on you arrogant Rat Ass Bastard ...'  Please feel free to ban me for my language... I think I was clear...

Yep, that will git r dun.....

Bye.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.