ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to raise prices?  (Read 15479 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Time to raise prices?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »

i aggree with you. the problem is if you raise there someone else who going come in cheaper. i do this and it works.if i want a client i do the frist event at no charge i dont even discuss price till after i do the job. and 9 out of 10 times i have gotten the account. i have done this about 15 times and its paid i even got one customer to pay me 4 times what he was paying after i showed him the huge diffrence between 4 speakers on sticks(for an audence of a 1000) and a 4 box turbosound tms 4 rig with 5000 watts of power .the only problem was the lack of power available we poped the breaker 3 times during the show. the following week we arrived to have a brand new 100 amp panel installed by the towns electician. the rest of the shows went flawless

For some clients, quality and service is more important then the cost.

Those are the clients I want to have anyways.

I just had one client tell me last week he no longer bids his job out. I'm on my 8th year with them this year-- he knows he gets a great price from me, but more importantly it will be done well, and on time, and they don't have to worry about it. We're just about to hit five figures for this year's production, for a one day event. It's a long day, with 5 different sound systems and a good sized crew, but they're super happy with us and our service.

I've got a buddy that has had people approach his clients and offer to do the gigs cheaper. And the clients tell them no, because they are happy with my buddy and the work he does.

So it's about the relationship with your client.

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »

I've got a buddy that has had people approach his clients and offer to do the gigs cheaper. And the clients tell them no, because they are happy with my buddy and the work he does.

So it's about the relationship with your client.

Ray

Today I'm sending a contract to a client for whom we'll have done 18 shows in 17 years (annual event with a special thrown in).  The client has been cold-called with offers under our fee, but we get the gig anyway.  We've established a relationship that goes beyond simply showing up and doing a show - I know my contact's kids and grandkids, the health status of some of the more aged members of the committee, and I keep up with goings-on in their community.  Not just because I want to keep the event forever (although I do), but because we get to do a gig for people we've come to like very much, who've welcomed us into their city and treat us well.

A couple of years ago I told my contact that I was going to retire.  She put me in a head lock and said "you cant' retire until I retire."  There ya go. :)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.