ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: GC Severs Relationship With Behringer  (Read 16655 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: GC Severs Relationship With Behringer
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »

I agree with the premise John, but that's seldom the case. John Doe walks into the store and buys his first $99 compressor, takes it home and doesn't have a clue, calls or goes back to the store and someone in sales has to teach him how to use it. You could always tell the person to RTFM, but that will come at the expense of a dissatisfied customer. For every one pissed customer you make you lose 10 sales. In the end you help the always right customer at the expense of missed opportunity and lost manpower. GC can stop most of this by tracking productivity, or at least track productivity, come up with an analysis, a baseline, and a plan to enhance productivity.

In my experience if i designed Peavey products that required some salesman to explain how to use them, they died in flames after too many customers asked for their money back.  ::)  We even taught seminars in MS for sales-people but the instruction was all about putting the customer into the right level product, NOT TEACHING THEM HOW TO USE THEM.

I did design one $199 (retail) compressor and it was pretty damn simple, fast-med-slow switch for attack/release, etc. Not remotely as complicated as the compressor I designed for Loft back before I worked at Peavey. If you couldn't operate that Peavey (AMR) compressor you probably couldn't tie your own shoes or dress yourself.

Of course maybe I'm wrong...    ;D

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »

You're correct, but as time has passed the need for more bells and whistles has become THE sales edge for low cost products regardless of whether they work or not. It's not the same day you and I grew up in where some type of skill was developed by actually learning how to use the product yourself before you cried to the salesman or owner about a product that didn't work correctly. In 1984 I had a woman tear my head off because her brandy dandy new $5000 dollar PC didn't have an any key. Not much has changed. To your point Peavey product were and still are easily understood and used. Over engineering has never been my style, but that's me.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »

In 1984 I had a woman tear my head off because her brandy dandy new $5000 dollar PC didn't have an any key. Not much has changed.

I thought the solution to that was to stick a small “ANY” label on the space bar.  ;D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.