ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 recording issue?  (Read 2657 times)

Sndguy (Joel Ashcraft)

• Classic LAB
    • Midnight Blue online
LS9 recording issue?
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »

Hello fellow LABsters.....

On March 15, I updated the firmware to 1.35 on our LS9.  After selling it on to another entity this past week, they used it in a 5 day corp event.  They had no issue with any other portion of the console, other than the USB record function.   It stopped recording several times on them, to the point that they had to hook up a different recording medium to archive for their client.   Has anyone experienced anything odd with the newest firmware?

Thanks!

Joel

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: LS9 recording issue?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:14:34 AM »

No problems recording across three LS9s in our shop.  I would be inclined to suspect the USB stick before the firmware change - that and the possibility that the record transport enable was assigned to a UDK and operated by mistake.

On March 15, I updated the firmware to 1.35 on our LS9.  After selling it on to another entity this past week, they used it in a 5 day corp event.  They had no issue with any other portion of the console, other than the USB record function.   It stopped recording several times on them, to the point that they had to hook up a different recording medium to archive for their client.   Has anyone experienced anything odd with the newest firmware?

Thanks!

Joel

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 10:38:02 AM »

I agree with Riley, I've had issues with dodgy USB sticks in the past. Also IIRC there's a limitation on how large of a stick the LS9 will be able to read properly. 4 GB I think.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:40:14 AM »

I agree with Riley, I've had issues with dodgy USB sticks in the past. Also IIRC there's a limitation on how large of a stick the LS9 will be able to read properly. 4 GB I think.

I've utilized 16GB sticks on an LS9-16 with current (well, last November, I think 1.33) firmware, and recorded to and played back from it with no problems. It was also a brand new out-of-the-blister-pack-from-Costco stick, though, as well.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

John Chevalier

• Marketplace
  • Just do it
    • Chevalier Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »

I had an issue as well after update. We did a recording at the shop for a small band and tried several different sticks and they all failed. I have recorded  with this console before with no issue's.

Thanks!

Joel
John Chevalier
Chevalier Productions
256-835-0360

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »

In my experience, problems have cropped up with USB sticks that were fairly heavily fragmented.

I have two identical 4 GB sticks.  One gets used for all sorts of day to day tasks, show files, etc.  The other one, after being reformatted and loading the material back onto it, I now save for recording only.  The first stick will randomly stop recording, while the second has been 100% solid after the reformat.  I did the reformatting on a Win7 PC, so nothing all that special.

I'm still running 1.33 on both consoles, which seems compatible with the latest Stage Mix.  The fixes that 1.34 and 1.35 offer, don't seem to be significant issues for me.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.