ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help a newbie! :)  (Read 3062 times)

Tony Collins

Help a newbie! :)
« on: May 20, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »

My name is Tony and I run the sound/lights/multimedia for our Children's Church at the 1st Assembly of God Church in Terrell, TX.  We have a very simple but effective sound system.  I use a EUROPOWER PMP2000 mixer for all the mic and other audio.  We use an Apple laptop for all the videos we play for the kids as well as the weekly sermon on PowerPoint.  I also use a Numark iDJ turntable connected to my iPhone for playing other music during games and such.  I've said all that to ask this question:  Since we're already using a laptop for the multimedia and my iPhone to play music on the DJ turntables, is there a relatively inexpensive sound effects board that is on the market?  I have a couple of great sound effect apps on my phone, but I can't use them if I'm already using the iDJ app on my phone.  I'd love to find something that would be programmable or even pre-loaded with effects.  The kids love it when use the sound effects, and we're trying to give them best experience possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Tony

Cailen Waddell

Re: Help a newbie! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »

Is your laptop a Mac?  If so perhaps go to the figure53 website and take a look at qcart. It does what you are describing but on a computer.  Probably cheaper than a hardware solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »

For a recent youth conference one of our members ran games and wanted to be able to control music/sound effects as he did.  Set up a Rocketfish Bluetooth receiver ($50) and he was able play anything he wanted at will from his Ipad anywhere in the auditorium.  I am not familiar with the iDJ software, but his apps were essentially like an effects board-I think he able able to cue music and effects.  In any case, it worked smoothly and we never had a hiccup with the Bluetooth link.
Steve Swaffer

Jano Svitok

• SR Forums
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
    • zvukari.sk
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 04:17:48 AM »

This will play effects from a computer: http://soundplant.org/ I haven't tested it yet, but several people recommended it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 04:17:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.