ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico Snapshots, What about the banks?  (Read 4861 times)

Casjan Berends

Digico Snapshots, What about the banks?
« on: May 20, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »

Right, what I'm trying to do is this:

Running a festival, I want to use snapshots to change my input names and to re-arrange the banks of faders. Leaving everything else Recall-safe, it seems to me that this way I can make my change-overs as quick as possible (Resetting faders to zero, resetting sends to zero, recalling next snapshot and I'm good to go). This way I don't have to build a new set of banks for the next engineer. I want my first layer of banks to stay the same (consisting of al 48 festival-channels) and my second layer of banks to be just the channels in use for the current band.

All of this is working okay, except for one thing. Even though I've selected the 'banks' button just below in the individual scope windows, I can't get the off-line software to show me the arrangement that I saved on the second layer of banks. Every time it keeps sticking to the one I created last.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanx,

CJ

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Digico Snapshots, What about the banks?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »

I don't think Bank LAYOUTS can be saved snapshot by snapshot, but you can save which bank is selected change snapshot by snapshot.
I could be wrong, but I don't think what you're looking to do can be done, at least I've never found a way.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »

The fader assignment and bank layout is global in a session on all Digicos (and most other brands as well). I totally understand your wish, being myself in similar situations from time to time. But to do this totally safe is use a session file per band. Or create the custom second banks "on the fly".

[email protected]

• Traveling Monkey Sound
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »

The fader assignment and bank layout is global in a session on all Digicos (and most other brands as well). I totally understand your wish, being myself in similar situations from time to time. But to do this totally safe is use a session file per band. Or create the custom second banks "on the fly".

Session files would give you customized banks, and a matrix mixer would keep the playback tracks/VOG going during the changeover... but do you really mean to program specified banks per band that you're seeing for one day? Could you use spill sets accomplish the same end?
Anything that makes a noise is satisfactory to a crowd.

~Charles Dickens

peter dakin

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:28:21 AM »

Ok,
So I've a similar issue, festival patch. It'd be great to have in snapshots channel name changes, altering names from festival patch names (di1-7, instr 1-8) into something more friendlier.
I can't find name options in the snapshots

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »

Ok,
So I've a similar issue, festival patch. It'd be great to have in snapshots channel name changes, altering names from festival patch names (di1-7, instr 1-8) into something more friendlier.
I can't find name options in the snapshots

The channel name is part of the "input" scope - so it should normally be recalled from scratch if you didn't turn it off.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.