ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TT22-a Vs Yamaha DSR112 Vs EV ETX-12P  (Read 32349 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: RCF TT22-a Vs Yamaha DSR112 Vs EV ETX-12P
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »

...and make sure they are powered. They do sell a passive version.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »

...and make sure they are powered. They do sell a passive version.

Yea, been there done that when I was trying to set-up a demo.

TT22A are a huge step up from the DSR & ETX. 

TT22A is a pro level box build for touring abuse.  Not much EQ's needed, just a little flavor adding.  PowerCon plugs that you build yourself
DSR & ETX is a light duty box not built to take any long term abuse.  Lots of EQing needed to get a balanced sound.  IEC that you can't build and they tend to slide out over the years.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Brandon Wright

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 09:22:15 AM »

DSR & ETX is a light duty box not built to take any long term abuse.  Lots of EQing needed to get a balanced sound.  IEC that you can't build and they tend to slide out over the years.

Can you tell by the pictures how much EQ the ETX will take to get a "balanced" sound, or have you spent a whole bunch of time with the box that has been available for all of a week?

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »

Can you tell by the pictures how much EQ the ETX will take to get a "balanced" sound, or have you spent a whole bunch of time with the box that has been available for all of a week?

They've been out for a little longer than a week, I'd say close to 2 months.  I've heard them a couple times already, they sound like the ELX with a digital amp module.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »

They've been out for a little longer than a week, I'd say close to 2 months.  I've heard them a couple times already, they sound like the ELX with a digital amp module.

Jeez, I hope they sound more than little better than the ELX. They're twice as much!
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

The TT boxes are in a league of their own and can not be compared to the other boxes...with use of B&O or Powersoft type amps and premium drivers, and how the box is voiced...the TT boxes are quite a number of steps above the others , the others are in the MI world....the TT is in the big boy league.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Tucker Dragoo

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »

I can't speak to the other boxes mentioned here but if the elx-12 sounds similar to the elx-10 it's a great box. I spent most of yesterday comparing them to our rental stock of sx300, sxa250, vl262, zx3 and a set of tourx12" I understand that these are not in the range of the TT but it will give you a point of reference to boxes you may have heard.
The 10" etx was overall tighter and fuller from about 75hz up to the mid bass snare drum sounded fuller while still leaving room for the vocal to shine (male). The top end sounded like it had a slight rise but didn't have any harshness  associated with some of the other boxes.

Hope that helps.

Ngọc Khuê

• thiết bị âm thanh ánh sáng sân khấu
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »

vote RCF TT22
http://avlshop.com  cung cấp thiết bị âm thanh ánh sáng sân khấu chuyên nghiệp: loa rcf, loa sân khấu, đèn sân khấu,...

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 01:23:49 AM »

vote RCF TT22

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Chris Eddison

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

Hi everyone

Just a quick thank you for all your help and advice. I've just bought the pair of TT22-a's. Very pleased with the price and really looking forward to listening to them. Sadly I had to make the purchase before hearing them as there was only one pair left on a webshop, and my first opportunity to listen to them would be another week away yet thanks to work. I've heard enough positive stuff here and on other forums to know it's a sensible purchase though.
Thanks again
Chris

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 26 queries.