ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me put together my "new system"  (Read 3262 times)

Mike Sullivan

Help me put together my "new system"
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »

So I'm changing things around to make my small shows a lot easier.  Essentially I'm buying two identical smaller systems for small festivals and bar gigs that can be put together for bigger shows if necessary.  I'm working on selling my current Presonus/QSC rig to do it and already have buyers lined up so I have the cash flow to pretty much do what I want...

Here's what each system will have

Soundcraft Expression 2 or 3 (can get a hell of a deal on a 2 but I would prefer a 3)
Soundcraft Compact Stagebox (32 send 16 return)
2 12" RCF tops (currently have a deal on a used set of ART 712a's I'm considering but similar speakers including ART 722 and HD32a are being considered)
2-4 18" RCF subs (currently working on the SUB 8004's)
6-8 RCF monitors (more than likely all ART 312a's as I already have several and absolutely love them
Various microphones, mostly the usual Shure/Sennheiser vocal and instrument plus Shure/Sennheiser/Audix drum mics

Here's how I would like the system set up for simplicity, especially since this is a one-man operation most of the time...

Rack 1: Contains drawers with mic cables, microphones, clips, accessories, etc.  Have been looking for one with a side mount tabletop similar to this but with enough space for a 32 channel digital board like the Expression 3.  If not, not a huge deal, I can find a separate stand for it.

Rack 2: Compact Stagebox (or stageboxes if I have a bigger show to allow for 48 send 16 return), with drawer for speaker combo power/signal cables and a small power distribution rack to reduce amount of cable to use

This way, all I have to do is wheel in a couple racks full of stuff, run combination power/signal cables to my speakers (all 50 foot to ensure there is plenty of space), the board can sit with the mic case if needed (or as stated on a separate stand) and everything is real plug and play, that way when I have the second system and it needs to go on a separate show, whoever I send it with (trusted engineers) will know how to put it together.  Plus, this also allows me to do a larger system with combining the two Expression's to have front of house + monitor world, the ART's can be used together, and I can put together the FOH systems somehow, just add the subs and use a set of tops or eventually get a small line array (like the dB Tech T4) to use with it.

My main queries are

1. Where can I get some decent cases to fit the task?  I know Audiopile is great, but I'd like to find one that might be able to fit the Expression 3 on the side table if possible.
2. Does anyone have any ideas to make things a bit simpler or easier?  I'm just looking for a quick in-quick out deal mostly, that way it's not as exhausting and time consuming for these smaller bar shows.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Adam Cooke

Re: Help me put together my "new system"
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »

Here's what each system will have

Soundcraft Expression 2 or 3 (can get a hell of a deal on a 2 but I would prefer a 3)
Soundcraft Compact Stagebox (32 send 16 return)

Why not use the Mini Stagebox 32 instead of the Compact Stagebox? It seems a better match for the Expression, slightly smaller and less expensive.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 12:58:48 AM »

Why not use the Mini Stagebox 32 instead of the Compact Stagebox? It seems a better match for the Expression, slightly smaller and less expensive.

I don't think you can do 16 analog outs on the Mini Stagebox, just 8 + 4 AES
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 12:58:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.