ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software similar to Stardraw for Mac user - and Cheaper  (Read 4373 times)

Justin Mamulis

• Are You Mixing With The Right Company?
    • Proaudio
Software similar to Stardraw for Mac user - and Cheaper
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:15:52 AM »

Please could you recommend software for me that is similar (or better than) Stardraw.  I am a Mac user, and do not want to install Parallels on my machine just to be able to use Stardraw.  I look forward to your recommendations....
Justin Mamulis  | Sales Representative
Proaudio - Are You Mixing With The Right Company | Unit 4, Pinetree Business ParkBrahman Crescent,Longmeadow, Edenvale 1610
+27116082099 | +27712283052

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
Re: Software similar to Stardraw for Mac user - and Cheaper
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »

Please could you recommend software for me that is similar (or better than) Stardraw.  I am a Mac user, and do not want to install Parallels on my machine just to be able to use Stardraw.  I look forward to your recommendations....

What features in stardraw are you actually using?

I use a Mac native program called omnigraffle for most of my drawings. It took some time to built a library of all the parts I use regularly but I now have a master sheet of blocks and can draw up rack elevations and single lines faster than I could in star draw.

The downfall is it will not import/export autocad files, and it will not give you all the reports.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber