ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Etiquette for putting countryman/lav style mics on the talent  (Read 9516 times)

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
Re: Etiquette for putting countryman/lav style mics on the talent
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »

Is there any standard etiquette (in the big pro world) for rigging headsets, earsets, lapels etc on the talent in terms of:

Would you be expected to wear gloves or something of that nature? Some people can be touchy about other people touching them so just thinking about making the talent feel comfortable. (On the other side of this idea is that some people would freak out if you approached them at a show wearing sterilized gloves, holding a small thin object....)

How much can/should/do the talent assist with rigging the mic?

What if you really need to install a countryman style earset on the talent and they feel it is very uncomfortable: are there any suggests for dealing with this?

Obviously these questions will apply more easily to people not so accustomed to wearing mics, like the jittery CEO at the corpy or the organizer at the fundraiser etc

Many Thanks!
Phil

I generally just start out by being nice and smiling "hey, Kristian sound guy here, they want me to put a mike on you". 

Unless I'm getting the "just give me the mike, already" I ask right out "are you OK with me touching your face". 

I have never gotten a "no" and sometimes I get the "phew, finally someone who'll just take care of things".

A buddy of mine works in TV, high level TV. 
He's often in charge of lavs. 
He tells me "you should just know the amount of celebrety underwear I see in a month!" Apparantly, the norm is casual when it comes to these things.  MOST people just want a good fit and an unobtrusive look.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Etiquette for putting countryman/lav style mics on the talent
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.