ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vocalist micing techniques question  (Read 4555 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Vocalist micing techniques question
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »

I always tell quiet singers - Kiss the mic! Seriously, I want your lips touching it!

Which is a technique I use as well, but you'll still need to deal with those that cup, those that hold the mic sideways, sing 2' from the mic, point the mic at the monitors,etc. One thing I do has already been mentioned, turn down the monitor.

One other thing I do that has worked very well on a noisey stage is to use a mic with good side and back rejection (PR-35 or equal), and turn/move the monitor(s) more to the side of the vocalist. Even a slight change from a straight back position will help.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber