ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neutrik TIMBRE TS jacks  (Read 3489 times)

Mark McFarlane

Neutrik TIMBRE TS jacks
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »

Anyone tried one of these?

http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/plugs-and-jacks/timbreplug/np2rx-timbre

Right angle 1/4'' 2 pole timbre plugThe characteristic sound of a guitar is influenced to a certain extend by the used instrument cable. Particularly the natural electrical property of guitar cables cause the characteristic cable tone. Neutrik’s timbrePLUG provides the possibility to change the timbre of your guitar sound from neutral, clear sound to warm characteristics in 4 steps by turning a knob on the plug. A wide range of new sounds opens.As brilliant as simple.

Features & BenefitsStandard timbre of the cable plus three additional sound characteristics
  • Slim right-angle plug with industry proven and reliable chuck type strain relief
  • Sleek attractive design for convenient handling
  • Gold plug finger, precision machined one piece contacts
Mark McFarlane

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Neutrik TIMBRE TS jacks
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »

Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »

sounds like marketing to me
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:38:29 PM »

"to a certain extend"

Shitty proofing in ad copy loses my attention.  Hype, hype hype.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »

Hype, hype hype.

Did you watch the video?  It does change the sound of the guitar, and it's not a subtle "golden ear" effect.

I suspect it's just a variable load, either capacitive or resistive, on the output of the guitar.  Probably only works with passive pickups.  Any active electronics would buffer the signal so that the extra loading would have minimal effect.

Of course, how many guitars have you seen that didn't have some sort of "tone" control knob on them anyway?

GTD

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »

Did you watch the video?  It does change the sound of the guitar, and it's not a subtle "golden ear" effect.
Of course, how many guitars have you seen that didn't have some sort of "tone" control knob on them anyway?

Completely agree.  Surprised how pronounced the effect was - I was expecting something far more subtle.

But wouldn't be for me.  Why not use tone controls on your guitar/amp.  Or use a pedal.  The interface seems cumbersome (reaching round to the plug) and possibly prone to accidental adjustments.  And, if your cable's damaged, you've lost your tone control!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.