ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My office yesterday  (Read 3085 times)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
My office yesterday
« on: May 12, 2014, 03:56:07 PM »

Had my first "Head of State" on stage yesterday, the president of Ireland, Michael Higgins and his wife.  A great champion of the arts, a poet and writer himself, we had music, dancers, and choir performing before and after his speech.
RTE were there and broadcast this sometime today:

http://www.rte.ie/news/player/2014/0512/20576689-president-meets-undocumented-irish-in-chicago/#page=1

Just to get technical, those are my coax wedges on stage.  FOH for 600 people were a pair of JTR Noeisis stacked on a pair of my 15" B&C loaded neo subs.  No problems at all, and it was a cold call as it were, picked up the JTRs from Jeff on Friday, brought them down Sunday morning, set up, dialed in(graphics only, no time for Smaart and Protea processors) and went to work.  The 90x60 horn coverage is about perfect for the set up I use in the auditorium here.  Unfortunately, the FOH speakers don't show up in the news clip. 

Heck, I even got two systems torn down and packed up solo, and was home by eleven-tired and very satisfied.

Best regards,

John

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
Re: My office yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:45:50 PM »

Had my first "Head of State" on stage yesterday, the president of Ireland, Michael Higgins and his wife.  A great champion of the arts, a poet and writer himself, we had music, dancers, and choir performing before and after his speech.
RTE were there and broadcast this sometime today:

http://www.rte.ie/news/player/2014/0512/20576689-president-meets-undocumented-irish-in-chicago/#page=1

Just to get technical, those are my coax wedges on stage.  FOH for 600 people were a pair of JTR Noeisis stacked on a pair of my 15" B&C loaded neo subs.  No problems at all, and it was a cold call as it were, picked up the JTRs from Jeff on Friday, brought them down Sunday morning, set up, dialed in(graphics only, no time for Smaart and Protea processors) and went to work.  The 90x60 horn coverage is about perfect for the set up I use in the auditorium here.  Unfortunately, the FOH speakers don't show up in the news clip. 

Heck, I even got two systems torn down and packed up solo, and was home by eleven-tired and very satisfied.

Best regards,

John
Simplicity is a beautiful thing in audio!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:26 PM »

Wicked nice job John.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:39 AM »

Thanks for sharing John, those are the good gigs. Did you use the 2TX or 3TX? - Mike

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »

Thanks for sharing John, those are the good gigs. Did you use the 2TX or 3TX? - Mike

Mike,

They are the 3TX.

I'll be in the pub this Friday with them for another in a series of Salon Concerts we're doing this year.  A tougher setup, as the musicians and the FOH speakers are much closer, and in a much smaller, more reverberant space.

I should have some pictures though.  I did find one yesterday, the mother of three of the young ladies playing fiddles and cello in the group was sitting about ten rows back almost in the middle, judging by the shot.  The Noesis 3TX at house left can be seen sticking up above the heads.

The fifty pound cabinet is much easier to get up there and stack too. ;>)

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.