ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Nexo?  (Read 8222 times)

kel mcguire

Re: Questions about Nexo?
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »

Hi Kel

Here [url]http://nexo-sa.com/attachments/products/46/ps-series-manual.pdf/url]is a link to the relevant documentation from Nexo about the original PS10 series - it's very comprehensive and covers both the use of stand alone control units and also the combined controller/amp - which, unfortunately never seemed to make it to the US market (which I presume is where you are based).  As you will see from the documentation, Nexo's preference is for the use of higher end amps (their documentation for the PS10R2 series suggests 500 to 1250 watts into 8 ohms).  Pages 18 to 23 of the document relates specifically to deployment of the PS10 stand alone controller and it seems fairly simple.  Outputs from the desk go into the main L and R XLR inputs on the back, then from the main L and R XLR outs to your L and R amp inputs.  There is a third XLR output on the controller which provides a summed mono signal and this gets connected to the input of your sub amp (if you are running one that is).  The only other connection you need, AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE, is the sense lines connected to the output channels of the amplifier driving one cabinet of each of the channels in use.  In terms of amps being used, I think it comes down to a bit of a personal choice (given what I've already said about the need to look towards higher spec'd range) but I know that Camco have had a long-term and very productive relationship with Nexo so that might be a good starting point.

Here [url]http://www.fuzion.co.uk/Support/Tech_Articles/NexoTDControllers.aspx?Title=Nexo%20TD%20Controllers/url]is also a very good tech article about why it is essential to use the proper controller set-up with these boxes.  It was written by the company who distributed the Nexo range here in the U.K.  They appear to have written it on the back of similar questions to those raised by yourself.  Well worth a read and will hopefully clarify matters for you.

Regards.

I read both of those links. thanks!!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Questions about Nexo?
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.