ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headset Wireless  (Read 2044 times)

Bob Burke

• 90 dB
Headset Wireless
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »

Hello all. I'm pondering the idea of getting a headset and a wireless guitar body pack to allow me to circulate through the clubs we play. I'd like to be able to sing and play guitar away from the stage.

What gear do I actually need, and how much will it cost, ballpark? Not looking for top of the line, but serviceable.

Thanks,

Bob

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Headset Wireless
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »

Hello all. I'm pondering the idea of getting a headset and a wireless guitar body pack to allow me to circulate through the clubs we play. I'd like to be able to sing and play guitar away from the stage.

What gear do I actually need, and how much will it cost, ballpark? Not looking for top of the line, but serviceable.

Thanks,

Bob

Two channels of wireless would do it. Basic intro from Shure would be the BLX series; the BLX14R/MX53 for a headset option and BLX14R- git wireless system would work; $549.00 and $379.00 respectively. Any Shure dealer on here (myself included) would be able to hook you up with a better package deal, of course.

If you wanted to be awesome, you could also add a wireless IEM setup, which would make you fully mobile in all aspects.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »

Two channels of wireless would do it. Basic intro from Shure would be the BLX series; the BLX14R/MX53 for a headset option and BLX14R- git wireless system would work; $549.00 and $379.00 respectively. Any Shure dealer on here (myself included) would be able to hook you up with a better package deal, of course.

If you wanted to be awesome, you could also add a wireless IEM setup, which would make you fully mobile in all aspects.

-Ray

Hello  just a reminder, (unless you have an IEM)
   if you are playing with a band on stage the further you get from the stage the more delay of sound between you and the band can cause timing problems ,
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:31:35 PM by lindsay Dean »
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »

You're going to have a hard time finding a headset mic that will sound decent with a rock band on stage, much less in front of the PA. In my experience, even an excellent quality headset mic takes a lot of work to sound remotely good. Personally, I'd advise against any kind of headset for your application.

Wireless guitar would be easy, and there are hundreds of models to choose from.

Wireless IEM would also be easy, but there are fewer good options. Sennheiser G3 would be a good place to start.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »

I've done this for years. I use a Crown CM-311A headset and Shure SLX wireless units for the headset and guitar. They work fine given the inherent limitations of wearing a headset: you can't vary your distance to the mic (and you may not think that matters but it does), you can't cough, you can't say anything 'off the mic', but you will learn to compensate in different ways. And the quality of the best headset is still not as good as all but the cheapest wired mics IMO. There are compromises in the sound but the added mobility may be worth it to you depending on the situation.
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.