ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Brand does Matter  (Read 31604 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: The Brand does Matter
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »

A bit of black gaffer tape can often sort out that kind of thing!

Steve.

Not really Steve. Plenty of acts in this area won't use A&H for all the reasons mentioned. I opened for an "A" level act at a club that had a Soundcraft board for FOH, a full EAW system, and a Mixwiz to stage left for monitors. They absolutely refused to use the Mixwiz and ended up talking me into using my APB Pro House in it's place. No more issues.

I've never been a fan of A&H, and they don't, as already mentioned really compete at the at the "A" level with their best boards. My Soundcraft is used on stage as part of my small >1500 people system. For larger clubs or events I rely on the house system, or hire out, pushing my on stage backiline mix to FOH.

I also see where someone mentioned "no SRX". This I have never seen, and often see SRX monitors or other SRX cabinets used for sidefills, etc. along with some pretty large JBL arrays working hard for a good number of touring acts.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »

I also see where someone mentioned "no SRX". This I have never seen...

Me neither.  VRX, maybe (JRX, definitely!), but why not SRX?
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »

Not really Steve. Plenty of acts in this area won't use A&H for all the reasons mentioned. I opened for an "A" level act at a club that had a Soundcraft board for FOH, a full EAW system, and a Mixwiz to stage left for monitors. They absolutely refused to use the Mixwiz and ended up talking me into using my APB Pro House in it's place. No more issues.

I've never been a fan of A&H, and they don't, as already mentioned really compete at the at the "A" level with their best boards. My Soundcraft is used on stage as part of my small >1500 people system. For larger clubs or events I rely on the house system, or hire out, pushing my on stage backiline mix to FOH.

I also see where someone mentioned "no SRX". This I have never seen, and often see SRX monitors or other SRX cabinets used for sidefills, etc. along with some pretty large JBL arrays working hard for a good number of touring acts.

Another one I saw recently was "NO DIGITAL SNAKES".   In May of 2014, one has to think about this, but it wasn't that long ago these things were kinda a PITA.  I still frequent a venue with a Whirlwind E-Snake that has the funky three stage (or something?) preamps that can only be "fully" controlled with a computer.  Its got the CIA rack that cant be plugged in at the same time as the computer.  Channels 7 and 8 are jacked in the snake box and I have to make up a 30dB difference in board for my overheads.  Anyone else know what I am talking about?? ok...nevermind...
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »

I've had my A&H T112/IDR48 out for a month now, and I absolutely love it. Smooth EQ, great reverb, loads of DSP, flexibility for miles-the list goes on. On at least 3 shows so far, people have come up and gone "...whoa...nice board...", whip out their cell phone and taken a few pictures.

-Mark

We have had our T112/iDr48 and Dante card now...going on over 4 years, no issues and the sound, well, fantastic....!
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Lyle Williams

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 02:54:37 AM »

Probably someone got burnt on a digital snake.  A failure in an analogue snake is likely to be channel specific.  A failure on a digital snake could take out a bunch of channels.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:13 AM »

The "no A&H" is a new one for me.  I have seen plenty of "no Peavey".  I even worked once with a touring Irish band that didn't want to use the LS9 available, but when it was explained in a nice way that it was their only choice, they agreed.  They were happy to use my SRX 712 monitors.  Good(polite) communication can solve alot of rider issues.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:32:39 AM by Chuck Simon »

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

Me neither.  VRX, maybe (JRX, definitely!), but why not SRX?

VRX? Really?

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2014, 02:05:44 PM »

VRX? Really?

You'll have to ask Jason why.  VRX would be a step up for this weekend warrior, but apparently not everybody's an advocate for the series (thus the snobbery, but not by me).
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »

You'll have to ask Jason why.  VRX would be a step up for this weekend warrior, but apparently not everybody's an advocate for the series (thus the snobbery, but not by me).

But it's a line array. ;D  LOL

I have some. In the right hands they can sound good. In the wrong hands they can sound pretty bad.

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »

But it's a line array. ;D  LOL

I have some. In the right hands they can sound good. In the wrong hands they can sound pretty bad.

Jamin, unfortunately, I have only heard them into right hands once and in the wrong way to many times.   So is life.
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.