ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: o1v96i Will Not Power Up  (Read 6306 times)

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Re: o1v96i Will Not Power Up
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »

Normally I ALWAYS let it run for a few before turning anything on. I even do that with my 25KW genny. In this case I was screwing around with some new gear and just screwed up by not checking the fuel. I would normally be on the big genny and dont have to pay attention to fuel. It was the hunt in the last second or two before it completely shut down that caused the issue.

It was only the Yamaha console and Yamaha monitors that have the hidden (requires complete disassembly to change) fuses. My Driverack has the combo socket and fuse holder with a spare fuse. Guess Yamaha figures we would pay for them to change a fuse.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:33:40 PM »

Normally I ALWAYS let it run for a few before turning anything on. I even do that with my 25KW genny. In this case I was screwing around with some new gear and just screwed up by not checking the fuel. I would normally be on the big genny and dont have to pay attention to fuel. It was the hunt in the last second or two before it completely shut down that caused the issue.

It was only the Yamaha console and Yamaha monitors that have the hidden (requires complete disassembly to change) fuses. My Driverack has the combo socket and fuse holder with a spare fuse. Guess Yamaha figures we would pay for them to change a fuse.

I think Frank's speculation about Yamaha's motives are more correct.  Yamaha assumes that we'll feed their products according to the name plate, and fuse failure is therefore most likely attributed to the 'no user-serviceable parts inside" contents and hence a probable need to see Dr. Gakki.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 01:24:45 PM »

Yamaha assumes that we'll feed their products according to the name plate,

Never works out well for me when I assume something-I guess even the experts aren't immune!
Steve Swaffer

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 02:22:42 PM »

I think Frank's speculation about Yamaha's motives are more correct.  Yamaha assumes that we'll feed their products according to the name plate, and fuse failure is therefore most likely attributed to the 'no user-serviceable parts inside" contents and hence a probable need to see Dr. Gakki.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Yamaha but how difficult would it be to use one of those combo plug/fuse sockets on their products?
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
Presumptions
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »

Never works out well for me when I assume something...

I try not to assume.  I may presume or surmise, but don't ASSume (otherwise, some wise guy in the back of the room invariably trots out that old cliché).
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:24 PM »

Not to take sides-but one possible reason for burying the fuse would be to lessen the likelihood that someone will just slap the handiest fuse of the requires size or larger in.  Hopefully a qualified tech or whoever digs that far will take the time to make sure it is replaced correctly? 

Vehicles with load shed relays are presumably operated by trained and licensed operators as well.  Price a contactor capable of handling the full output of a genny and you'll find the reason.  Under/over voltage detection would be easy-often done in industry-but the contactor will add significantly to the genny price though it would make a nice feature that might come in handy when you forget to power down before you let the genny run out of fuel.  One could always build one into your distro if it becomes a habit!
Steve Swaffer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:24 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.