ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Durable acoustic treatment  (Read 1787 times)

6stringsandapick

Durable acoustic treatment
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:17:08 PM »

I direct music in a church that has no sound treatment whatsoever. Its becoming a nightmare, the reason it hasn't been done in the past is because no one until now has realized the importance of acoustics.
our Sanctionasium as I call it is used for the main service on Sundays, church meals and Wednesday night activities (kids running around playing Basketball and dodgeball and the like) it used to be a Gymnasium. all of the walls are flat hard and parallel, the ceiling is vaulted and about 35' high at the peak.
I I want to start treating the room for acoustics. our main issue is cosmetics and durability. obviously we don't want it to look like junk, yet we still want the kids to be able to play dodgeball on occasion without destroying it.

Tom Young

Re: Durable acoustic treatment
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 02:03:06 PM »

There are products such as Tectum that can be used effectively to treat such spaces and also provide very good durability. But this is somewhat dictated by how the panels are attached to the walls.

Best to pay a qualified acoustic consultant so that you get the right panels, the correct number/orientation of panels and the right installation methods to maximize both acoustic treatment and durability.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Tim Padrick

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:36:54 PM »

Save on heating & cooling costs too:

http://www.spray-on.com/ProductInfo/default.asp?strpage=defa ultContent

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:36:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.