ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting Dongle Question  (Read 5135 times)

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
Lighting Dongle Question
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »

Hi, I am using Lucid Software to control my Par Cans and my LED Lights.  I have a friend who is using Sunlight Suite 2.  I am looking for a USB dongle that will work with both programs.  Does anyone know if I can use the SUITE2-FC interface will work with the Lucid/Blizzard Software program or the Lucid 140 IQ dongle will work with the Sunlight Suite 2 software?

For that mater, are most USB Dongles for lighting interchangeable?

Probably, I should go to Sunlight Suite and call it a day since he does most of the lights for me.  Anyway, if anyone knows, I would appreciate an answer.

Thanks
Bill
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Josh Daws

Re: Lighting Dongle Question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Hi, I am using Lucid Software to control my Par Cans and my LED Lights.  I have a friend who is using Sunlight Suite 2.  I am looking for a USB dongle that will work with both programs.  Does anyone know if I can use the SUITE2-FC interface will work with the Lucid/Blizzard Software program or the Lucid 140 IQ dongle will work with the Sunlight Suite 2 software?

For that mater, are most USB Dongles for lighting interchangeable?

Probably, I should go to Sunlight Suite and call it a day since he does most of the lights for me.  Anyway, if anyone knows, I would appreciate an answer.

Thanks
Bill

typically USB dongles are not interchangeable. however the ENTTEC DMX USB pro will work on many different software platforms.

http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70304

you can see a list of manufactures the this will work with....

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:58:32 AM »

typically USB dongles are not interchangeable. however the ENTTEC DMX USB pro will work on many different software platforms.

http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70304

you can see a list of manufactures the this will work with....
Thanks Josh.  It looks like I will have to get a Sunlite Suite dongle in order to use that program.  Wouldn't it be nice if everything was just compatible?

Thanks
Bill
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Josh Daws

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »

Thanks Josh.  It looks like I will have to get a Sunlite Suite dongle in order to use that program.  Wouldn't it be nice if everything was just compatible?

Thanks
Bill

then where's the money made??? lol

but in all seriousness, buy the enttec dongle and use Martin MPC. even trial the software (no dmx out) yourself. i absolutely love it. the software is free to download. if its not your cuppa tea then thats fine. but honestly, you will get more flexibility out of MPC than from those other OEM branded product (chauvet, elation, sunlite, ADJ etc). in my humble opinion lol...

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:35:17 AM »

then where's the money made??? lol

but in all seriousness, buy the enttec dongle and use Martin MPC. even trial the software (no dmx out) yourself. i absolutely love it. the software is free to download. if its not your cuppa tea then thats fine. but honestly, you will get more flexibility out of MPC than from those other OEM branded product (chauvet, elation, sunlite, ADJ etc). in my humble opinion lol...
Josh, thanks for the response.  I am going to download the Martin MPC today and take a look.  If I can wrap my head around the software, I will get the dongle ordered.

Thanks again.

Bill  8)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Josh Daws

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:35:07 PM »

well if you happen to have any questions i am more than happy to help! :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:35:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.