ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this exist?  (Read 19147 times)

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
Does this exist?
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:07:49 PM »

The SRX722 would be the holy grail for our rig.  We currently use the old, giant-size 4731 & 4732.  Of course we all know you can't find 722's to save your soul.  Is there anything out there that can compete in the size, weight, output and price range of the 722?  Specifically a 2x12 + horn that isn't huge, heavy and stupid expensive?  I'm still astonished JBL isn't making a 2x12 anymore.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: Does this exist?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »

I feel your pain.  I picked up a couple more 722's last year while I could still find them.  They do show up every once in a while but it seems those that have them are holding onto them.  I can give you a heck of a deal on a couple of 4731's if you could use them.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »

The SRX722 would be the holy grail for our rig.  We currently use the old, giant-size 4731 & 4732.  Of course we all know you can't find 722's to save your soul.  Is there anything out there that can compete in the size, weight, output and price range of the 722?  Specifically a 2x12 + horn that isn't huge, heavy and stupid expensive?  I'm still astonished JBL isn't making a 2x12 anymore.
I know someone who is (last I knew, in February, was still) sitting on 4 brand new, in-the-box (other then being taken out to be tested) SRX722s. PM me if you want me to make an introduction.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:37:52 PM »

While Ray works his magic in the NOS 722 dept, my mind wanders off to the budget side of things.  What if I pull the horns and xovers out of our 4731's and build some 722 size cabs with said horns and a pair of Eminence Kappalite neo 12's?  Could sell the JBL 12's on feeBay to partly offset the cost of the Kappas. 
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »

EV QRX 212

The SRX 722 was was one of the options that I considered purchasing, but right around the time I was looking to get my system they were being discontinued. After much research and the reviews from this forum I ended up going with the EV QRX 212. A little research on the forums will bring up a couple threads on these speakers.

Michael

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=5567.0

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »

EV QRX 212

The SRX 722 was was one of the options that I considered purchasing, but right around the time I was looking to get my system they were being discontinued. After much research and the reviews from this forum I ended up going with the EV QRX 212. A little research on the forums will bring up a couple threads on these speakers.

Michael

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=5567.0

The QRX 212 is a bit heaver, (not Neo) but that means it takes way less power to achieve the same SPL and is a really decent sounding box..

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:39:26 AM »

The QRX 212 is a bit heaver, (not Neo) but that means it takes way less power to achieve the same SPL and is a really decent sounding box..

Uh... no.  The magnet material is not indicative of either the voltage necessary to move the cone nor the current required to keep it moving.

The rest... decent sounding box, yes.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »

CAN you build an Array of 3 box per side with the qrx ?

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »

As many people have mentioned, the only equivalent cabinet is the QRx212 without exceeding the equivalent the budget.

Every once in a while a pair of SRX722s do pop-up. 
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »

The QRx212, are only an "extra" 4.5 lbs per speaker.  You don't notice the weight difference. 

In my power comparisons between the SRX722 and QRx212... I didn't notice the need to any extra/double the power to get the SRX722 to the same volume of the QRx212; according to my IT4000 the In/Out meters looked the same.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.