ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spontaneous Reversal of Wires????  (Read 14358 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Spontaneous Reversal of Wires????
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 03:37:49 PM »

Cooper or P&S makes a dead front GFCI that mounts in a device box or maybe use one of the portable GFCI cords and hardwire it in as your power cord?

Might also consider a .1 ohm/10 watt resistor to simulate roughly 60 feet of #12 wire in the neutral circuit.  I guess that just depends on the wiring where you use it for a demo.  If you wind up somewhere with a bootleg ground, you won't get much difference between your neutral and ground!
Steve Swaffer

James A. Griffin

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »

Sorry to have started this ball rolling and then not replied to the many good comments.  I've been out for nearly a week.

Update on what I've done here:

1)   While I was gone, I killed the breaker.   Upon return, I unplugged everything from the bad circuit and flipped breaker back on.
2)   I have two 3-light testers, a Greenlee GT-10 and a Woodhead 1750.   Both provide correct readings on known good circuits. 
3)   Both testers show the first 3 outlets in the circuit to be good.   All outlets downstream of the 3rd show Hot & Ground reversed.

I deduce from this that either a) outlet 4 is bad or b) wiring between outlets 3 and 4 is bad.   Are there other possibilities?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.