ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Options for wireless headset WITH microphone.  (Read 6734 times)

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Options for wireless headset WITH microphone.
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »

Looking for a wireless headset with a microphone. I am remotely controlling FOH and want to patch the headset out to the wireless with a talkback mic also available. What are my options short of wearing an IEM and a wireless mic?
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Earl F Young

Re: Options for wireless headset WITH microphone.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

Looking for a wireless headset with a microphone. I am remotely controlling FOH and want to patch the headset out to the wireless with a talkback mic also available. What are my options short of wearing an IEM and a wireless mic?

what am i NOT understanding???

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »

I believe... He wants to be mobile. Sending the console's headphone out to a wireless transmitter, that would go to a receiver he'd be wearing. (Can you change the headphone cue wirelessly from your tablet/etc?) Then a headset mic to wireless go to the talkback function, to be a talkback mic. (Same question, although I guess you'd just change the mix level of the talkback mic remotely. Seems like that would take away your focus on whatever it is that you're talking to the talent about.)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »

I believe... He wants to be mobile. Sending the console's headphone out to a wireless transmitter, that would go to a receiver he'd be wearing. (Can you change the headphone cue wirelessly from your tablet/etc?) Then a headset mic to wireless go to the talkback function, to be a talkback mic. (Same question, although I guess you'd just change the mix level of the talkback mic remotely. Seems like that would take away your focus on whatever it is that you're talking to the talent about.)

-Ray

Exactly, Laptop controlling 01v96i in trailer, iPad on remote desktop operating the laptop. Want to be able to hear the cue if needed and talkback to the monitors.
Steven Alves

John J Saunders

• John J Saunders
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:41:36 PM »

Sennheiser makes some nice headsets. You might have to put some custom connectors on it but they are pretty comfortable and sound decent.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/814874-REG/Sennheiser_HMD280_XQ_2_HMD_280_XQ_Dual_Ear_Headset.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Saunders

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »

Sennheiser makes some nice headsets. You might have to put some custom connectors on it but they are pretty comfortable and sound decent.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/814874-REG/Sennheiser_HMD280_XQ_2_HMD_280_XQ_Dual_Ear_Headset.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it has to be wireless from the trailer. One of the limitations of using remote desktop this way is you CAN NOT bring the audio to the remote device. If you do it also brings the midi and you lose connection to the console.

So I have to feed a wireless headset from the console, and would need a wireless mic to go back to the talkback channel.

That is why I am looking for a two-way wireless system. Could get a Bluetooth computer headset but that would go to the laptop and I need direct to the board.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:04:37 PM by Steve Alves »
Steven Alves

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »

Steve,

Doing it that way would give you the most customizability and flexibility in setup/operation.  I have a Shure SM12a headset mic that I use as my intercom headset.  I reterminated it to work with Clearcom, but it came with a male XLR for the microphone and a 1/4" TS buffered with a transformer for the earphone part.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

Steve,

Doing it that way would give you the most customizability and flexibility in setup/operation.  I have a Shure SM12a headset mic that I use as my intercom headset.  I reterminated it to work with Clearcom, but it came with a male XLR for the microphone and a 1/4" TS buffered with a transformer for the earphone part.

But that does not solve my two-way wireless issue. I am trying to avoid having to wear two wireless packs.
Steven Alves

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »

Do you need best quality audio to the headset for PFL?  If not, Clear-Com makes a wireless unit specifically to remote just a headset and mic, The HME-DX121.  Using the BP200 Pack and any headset gives you remote audio for quite a long distance.  I use it on 34th street for the Macy's Parade and cover the entire block for my remote comm headset just with the little whips on the unit.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:06:27 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »

Do you need best quality audio to the headset for PFL?  If not, Clear-Com makes a wireless unit specifically to remote just a headset and mic, The HME-DX121.  Using the BP200 Pack and any headset gives you remote audio for quite a long distance.  I use it on 34th street for the Macy's Parade and cover the entire block for my remote comm headset just with the little whips on the unit.
Yeah I looked at the Clear-Com, That is an option.. An expensive option though for the audio quality. Worst case I can stick to wearing two beltpacks but was hoping there was another option I missed.
Steven Alves

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.