ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Co Panic Button Experience?  (Read 3559 times)

Michael Kim

Pro Co Panic Button Experience?
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »

Does anybody have experience with the Pro Co Panic Button?

I just got one and it seems to be attenuating -20 dbs. When I increase the onboard gain, I get clipping from the pedal, but when I increase gain on mixer, I get unwanted hiss. Anybody know if this is normal? Did I guess get a lemon?

Thanks,
Michael

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Pro Co Panic Button Experience?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »

I just got one and it seems to be attenuating -20 dbs. When I increase the onboard gain, I get clipping from the pedal, but when I increase gain on mixer, I get unwanted hiss.
Michael,

That does not sound "normal", have you checked that the battery has a full charge?

Michael Kim

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »

Just some additional testing/information on this. Basically the A/green output seems like it's pass through, but the B/red output goes through the internal gain.

I've tested with fresh batteries and the power supply, and things are the same. Probably going to send it back and see if a replacement has better sound on the switched output.

The clipping seems like it's due mostly to the gain reduction being so much--might just be an error. Here's a video of the reduction when the gain is set to 12 o clock internally:

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Michael,

That does not sound "normal", have you checked that the battery has a full charge?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 24 queries.