ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tent Revival service....  (Read 5418 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Tent Revival service....
« on: May 21, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »

Have a fun gig going on this week. The church band I mix for has been playing a tent revival this week at another local church that some of the band members grew up at. Been a lot of work tearing down and setting up every night but it's been fun. We're finishing up tonight.  8)
FOH view

Ford Focus sunshade. ;-)

Went Pretty long last night. :-)

Here's a video I made with an iPhone 4S at FOH last night.
http://youtu.be/EiMx-C6-Rmg

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Tent Revival service....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »

Been a lot of work tearing down and setting up every night

That's why we insist on security for multiday events.  I'm more expensive to tear down and set up each day than a security guard is to babysit the event all night.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 02:23:23 PM »

What on earth is a tent revival?

The band sounds good in the video.

Steve.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:27:31 PM by Steve M Smith »

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »

Steve.

I would guess it's an American thing. ;-) Basically it's a church "revival" service that's held outside in a tent for several nights in a row. Usually they have one or more traveling preachers come in for the message.  In this case it was some local people that delivered the messages(2 are sons of the churches pastor and the 3rd is another local young man who is a friend). Most of the band members grew up at the church we were at hence the reason we were the ones doing the music. 

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Purity + All-F2FS + HellsCore b46-t4 using Tapatalk Pro

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »

Actually a revival or "camp meeting" has its roots in England and Scotland and is defined as "an evangelical event held in association with the communion season".
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 03:42:02 PM »

Actually a revival or "camp meeting" has its roots in England and Scotland and is defined as "an evangelical event held in association with the communion season".

Interesting, I'd never heard that before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Purity + All-F2FS + HellsCore b46-t4 using Tapatalk Pro

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »

Steve.

It's a way for people to gather and express their love for god, in most cases regardless of affiliated religion. It's not an American "thing" at all. Just sitting under a tree with a group of people to discuss religion in a positive manner can be considered a "revival".

The system sound fine. My only comment would be the loss of the upper end due to the tent blocking the compression drivers, as seen in the video and most apparent on the left side facing the band. Maybe a little lower in height might have been better, or I could be wrong if that were not the case live..

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:08:22 PM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »

The system sound fine. My only comment would be the loss of the upper end due to the tent blocking the compression drivers, as seen in the video and most apparent on the left side facing the band. Maybe a little lower in height might have been better, or I could be wrong if that were not the case live..

Yeah lowering them some might have helped a bit. I didn't notice too much HF loss though running outside resulted in much less low end out of the system than I'm used to. We use that rig in a small church and always have plenty of bottom end w/out subs outside was a different story though. On the last night(not in the video) I tried pushing the volume a bit higher than I'd been during the sound check and ran out of gas pretty quick.  :-) I got several complements on the sound throughout the week so I was pretty happy.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.