ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DBX DriveRack  (Read 11609 times)

Leo Martin

Re: DBX DriveRack
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »

I'd suggest glancing at the LS801p manual, it has on board crossover for itself. That said the thru output is just a full range daisy chain
That is the problem, I don't want my tops to be full range. It works with Yorkville tops, but they are well out of my price range.

Leo Martin

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »

The spec on the DRPA2 lists a total delay of 10ms per channel.  That's about 11 feet of delay.  Not practical for fills.

The flexibility difference by going to the DR260 is night and day. If you're interested, I do have one that I'm trying to get rid of.  $499 shipped, including the RS232 to USB adaptor.
Here's what I'm seeing:
-Driverack PX is only crossover but cheap
-PA2 is limited in delay function
-260 is pricy but fully featured

I am wondering the distance I need to keep my speakers apart to prevent comb filtering, and I might be able to get away w/o a delay function.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 09:06:02 PM »

If you want the the features of the D260 but don't want to spend all that $$ get a Behringer DCX2496 and completely ignore anybody that slags on it because of the brand name, because at this price point it unequaled in performance and value.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 12:07:36 AM »

If you want the the features of the D260 but don't want to spend all that $$ get a Behringer DCX2496 and completely ignore anybody that slags on it because of the brand name, because at this price point it unequaled in performance and value.

Agreed.  Some VERY reputable installers use the 2496 (or did) on installs at it is a fine piece of equipment for the money.

Leo Martin

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »

Do you know how much delay it has? On the website it just says it is adjustable. I do believe behringer has stepped up recently and already own a mixer from them.

paul bell

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »

The DR260 is the minimum DSP I'll work with. I consider the PA version junk and I wouldn't trust the Behringer DSP.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »

Do you know how much delay it has?
582ms or 200 meters.

I do believe behringer has stepped up recently
This processor and it's partner the DEQ2496 are legacy products now and aside from some early ribbon cable problems they have been standout products in a lineup that wasn't well known for durability.

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »

Consider the Ashly Protea 3.6SP as an alternative to the DBX PA or 260 processors. More configurable than the PA2, less money than DR260. Standard USB interface that doesn't need an approved serial adapter like the 260. Subjectively I think it sounds better than a 260.

Matt

paul bell

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 01:44:05 PM »

Consider the Ashly Protea 3.6SP as an alternative to the DBX PA or 260 processors. More configurable than the PA2, less money than DR260. Standard USB interface that doesn't need an approved serial adapter like the 260. Subjectively I think it sounds better than a 260.

Matt

I can't agree more.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »

I know where there are two dead ones you can get for little or nothing, for parts

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.