ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBX DriveRack  (Read 11723 times)

Leo Martin

Re: DBX DriveRack
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »

Consider the Ashly Protea 3.6SP as an alternative to the DBX PA or 260 processors. More configurable than the PA2, less money than DR260. Standard USB interface that doesn't need an approved serial adapter like the 260. Subjectively I think it sounds better than a 260.

Matt
Hadn't heard of Ashly before, thanks for letting me know. It looks fully featured, but still seems high in price, considering I could buy 2 of the Altos for the price of the one DSP unit.

Leo Martin

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »

582ms or 200 meters.
 This processor and it's partner the DEQ2496 are legacy products now and aside from some early ribbon cable problems they have been standout products in a lineup that wasn't well known for durability.
Plenty of delay for sure!

Would you still recommend the DEQ over the PX since they are the same price but DEQ has a much bigger feature set?

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »

Would you still recommend the DEQ over the PX since they are the same price but DEQ has a much bigger feature set?
The DEQ does not have a crossover it's an EQ only, but if that is what you need it's a good option. If you need a crossover and some EQ as well the DCX is the better option.

Leo Martin

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »

The DEQ does not have a crossover it's an EQ only, but if that is what you need it's a good option. If you need a crossover and some EQ as well the DCX is the better option.
I need a crossover for sure, so the DEQ is out. The last thing i really need is if the PA2 is a worthy upgrade from the PX, once I know which one of those I like, I will just compare until I find a price I like on one of the three options.

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »

I need a crossover for sure, so the DEQ is out. The last thing i really need is if the PA2 is a worthy upgrade from the PX, once I know which one of those I like, I will just compare until I find a price I like on one of the three options.
There is mutliple options if you want to upgrade. Someone is selling a BSS soundweb 9088IIs for 250$, this could be a nice ''cheap'' solution and fairly good upgrade. On the other hand, finding a DR260 used could be also a nice upgrade !

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 05:00:26 PM »

To be honest, the speakers you are using and the places you are likely to use them will be perfectly fine with with any of the low-end Driverack range or the DCX.  Get the one that best fits your feature needs (alignment delay, etc.) and save half the cost of a 260 or better model. Very few of your audience or clients will hear the difference. I have never used the auto-FBE or RTA features on mine.. tho' some do.

At some point common sense (and budget) should overrule wants.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:03:22 PM by Steve.Oldridge »

Leo Martin

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »

To be honest, the speakers you are using and the places you are likely to use them will be perfectly fine with with any of the low-end Driverack range or the DCX.  Get the one that best fits your feature needs (alignment delay, etc.) and save half the cost of a 260 or better model. Very few of your audience or clients will hear the difference. I have never used the auto-FBE or RTA features on mine.. tho' some do.

At some point common sense (and budget) should overrule wants.
That is what I was thinking. If I need a delay I will buy a 260 but if not I will just get a PX because the sound quality difference is so small.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.