ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser E604 on vocals  (Read 3663 times)

David Parker

Sennheiser E604 on vocals
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:56:04 PM »

I was building a set up for my acoustic gigs, and needed a lightweight compact mic for vocals. I attached a flexible gooseneck to my music stand, so basically it would be a podium mic. The difference being I will be close micing myself, unlike the usual podium mic which the speaker will stand back from. Wow! I have a bassy country voice (sing a lot of country) and the mic is incredible for that. Nice little sizzle on the top end for clarity, and tight but not boomy bass on the low notes. And it's light weight and small size make it perfect. These little mics are as versatile as an SM57.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:08:51 PM by David Parker »

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Audix E604 on vocals
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »

Would that be a Sennheiser?
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tomm Williams

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:12:49 PM »

I modified a gooseneck from a drum mount to use with a small clamp on an acoustic guitar. I attached one of my 604's to it as they are so light, it sounded just fine. 

David Parker

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:09:27 PM »

Would that be a Sennheiser?
yes, my mind is slipping! Something didn't seem right when I first typed Audix!

David Parker

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »

I modified a gooseneck from a drum mount to use with a small clamp on an acoustic guitar. I attached one of my 604's to it as they are so light, it sounded just fine.
several years ago I did a live band gig at a school party, and as we were striking the stage, we found out they needed a mic to announce door prize winners. One of my E604's was handy, so I stuck it on a mic stand and was surprised that it sounded very much like an sm57/58.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.