ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEXO NXAMP Rack and Patch panel  (Read 4295 times)

Dion Wibowo

NEXO NXAMP Rack and Patch panel
« on: May 05, 2014, 07:11:02 AM »

Hi Guys,

Recently, I have been offered with nexo nxamp rack 2 modules and 2 patch panels included.
Then I asked a local engineer in my city, he said he can make custom rack just like that with much less cost
I'd like to know is it really worth it to buy the original nexo rack modules and the patch panels or should i just buy the custom one to power my S12 and RS18?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Dion W.

Thomas Lamb

Re: NEXO NXAMP Rack and Patch panel
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »

How big OS S12 RS18 rig do you have? For me regardless of the size I don't think  id buy the NEXO panel unless I had multiple types of nexo systems in my inventory. We have a decent investment in NEXO and all of my panels are just pre punched and loaded plates I ordered and wired. I haven't looked too terribly close at the NEXO patch system but I really think it's geared towards their larger systems.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Dion Wibowo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

How big OS S12 RS18 rig do you have? For me regardless of the size I don't think  id buy the NEXO panel unless I had multiple types of nexo systems in my inventory. We have a decent investment in NEXO and all of my panels are just pre punched and loaded plates I ordered and wired. I haven't looked too terribly close at the NEXO patch system but I really think it's geared towards their larger systems.

My current system is just 12 boxes of S12 and 4 boxes of RS18. How do you think?
Thanks

Jens Droessler

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »

The original Nexo amp racks are geared towards big systems, that's right. The original patch bays offer the possibility to automatically switch to a second amp for backup purposes. This isn't a big deal for small systems. What I don't like about the original racks is the space they take. They could easily be smaller. The digital input patch with VU meters could have been integrated in the NXAmps themselves all along.

Also I don't think the size and weight of the NXamps is state of the art, but there is no alternative if you want Nexo with the most current settings.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »

Do you do a lot of cross rentals to other vendors who do use the factory panels - or hope to get into that in the future?  If so then it could make your inventory more attractive to be standardized, otherwise as others have said it's just wires.

Dion Wibowo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »

Do you do a lot of cross rentals to other vendors who do use the factory panels - or hope to get into that in the future?  If so then it could make your inventory more attractive to be standardized, otherwise as others have said it's just wires.
Yes. There are some other companies that use NEXO as well, located on other cities. There is a big chance for me to crossrent in the future if I have to go there.
Thanks Casey :)

The original Nexo amp racks are geared towards big systems, that's right. The original patch bays offer the possibility to automatically switch to a second amp for backup purposes. This isn't a big deal for small systems. What I don't like about the original racks is the space they take. They could easily be smaller. The digital input patch with VU meters could have been integrated in the NXAmps themselves all along.

Also I don't think the size and weight of the NXamps is state of the art, but there is no alternative if you want Nexo with the most current settings.

Hi Jens,
I have decided to get the used NEXO racks. It seems that the racks is still in good condition and the price is about 40% of the new one.
I agree about the size, it's quite big. How about the durability of the racks (patch panel + power distributor) itself?

Jens Droessler

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »

The quality is adequate for the price. Probably more than you need in those terms. I guess you (like most of the owners of small systems) are handling your equipment very carefully.
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Dion Wibowo

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 04:37:00 AM »

The quality is adequate for the price. Probably more than you need in those terms. I guess you (like most of the owners of small systems) are handling your equipment very carefully.

Oh, alright. Yeah, since my system is still small, if there is any problem on one of my equipment, I pretty much can't take any job :)
Thanks for the information Jens. :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 04:37:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.