ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 vs. 01v96i  (Read 11932 times)

Craig Smith

Re: Qu-16 vs. 01v96i
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:25 AM »

I guess the more complex something is the more opportunity someone has to screw up.  In theory you could bury the more advanced things to lessen that risk, but there may also be a little marketing going on.  If you put too much in the cheap ones people won't have reason to buy the expensive ones.

I just find it frustrating when it wouldn't really cost anything to improve something, like a more flexible Q range on the Presonus parametrics.  There is so much you can do for relatively little cost with digital once you have the platform in place.

One thing I'd like to see on the ones that have recallable preamps is to physically separate the I/O from the control surface to begin with.

Loujudson

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »

I never used an 01, and when a friend got one he had to guide me every time - My name is Intuitive Audio and the 01 is not Intuitive to me! At a jazzschool wher I sit in occasionally, they recently had two 01s donated, and I bring my Qu and unpatch the 01 first. I can't even remember how to get reverb on a vocal with that ancient menu tech! I just got a Qu-24 as I found a buyer for my Presonus 24. Yay!

Lou

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »

I never used an 01, and when a friend got one he had to guide me every time - My name is Intuitive Audio and the 01 is not Intuitive to me! At a jazzschool wher I sit in occasionally, they recently had two 01s donated, and I bring my Qu and unpatch the 01 first. I can't even remember how to get reverb on a vocal with that ancient menu tech! I just got a Qu-24 as I found a buyer for my Presonus 24. Yay!

Lou

I still like my 01V96, it's brain exercise, keeps us old guys sharp, like an adventure game or a puzzle... builds neural networks  ;D

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

I still like my 01V96, it's brain exercise, keeps us old guys sharp, like an adventure game or a puzzle... builds neural networks  ;D

I have the 01v96i and have to agree.. I still get lost on patching.. Strangest thing, I was trying to patch AUX3 out to an Aviom channel. Could not get it to pass my talkback mic no matter what I tried. Looked at the talkback channel in Studio Manager and on the right where it shows the AUX channels it said 'off' on AUX3 where the others showed the infinity sign. Not sure how to change it or why it was different. Clicked and Right Clicked and Viola,, It worked... Still not sure how.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.