ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant find replacement breakers  (Read 6818 times)

John Sabine

Cant find replacement breakers
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »

I need to replace a couple of breakers in my distro but can't find replacements locally and the locals are stumped as to where to get them. The breakers actually mount to the front panel of my distro and instead of clipping to a common circuit bus with a screw terminal on the cold side of the breaker, both hot and cold sides of the breaker have screw terminals. Can't get a pic today because the distro is buried deep in the bowels of my trailer.
"I think it needs more barn"

Michael Lage

Re: Cant find replacement breakers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »

I need to replace a couple of breakers in my distro but can't find replacements locally and the locals are stumped as to where to get them. The breakers actually mount to the front panel of my distro and instead of clipping to a common circuit bus with a screw terminal on the cold side of the breaker, both hot and cold sides of the breaker have screw terminals. Can't get a pic today because the distro is buried deep in the bowels of my trailer.
The breakers are likely magnetic. Most suppliers only stock thermal breakers.  My Square D supplier can get the magnetic ones, but they need to order them.  Good luck.

Michael

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:44 PM »

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »

try this guy > www.danluckowelectric.com i know him and he is just a few miles from me and has gotten old no longer made breakers. thats who we/i call when somethings no longer made.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 11:56:55 PM »

Look for Carling magnetic breakers on Mouser.com.
-That's where I've found replacement breakers of the type you describe for some of my power distros.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

John Sabine

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 03:49:51 PM »

Excellent :) thanks guys!
"I think it needs more barn"

Jeff Robinson

• Kansas City, MO
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 04:55:30 PM »

Square D makes a QOU series (QOU120 = 1P 20A) that can mount behind (through) a panel using the foot mounting clips in corresponding slots next to the face. The input and output lugs can turn to access the screw heads front or rear.

Jeff Robinson
Excerpt from Shelley's 'Ode to a Skylark':
Pourest thy full heart
In profuse strains of unpremeditated art
Such harmonious madness
From my lips would flow
The world should listen then, as I am listening now!

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »

A lot of electronic equipment have panel mounted Circuit breakers.  Once you find out a make and model,  check out Digi Key.

Here are a couple of samples.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/IELK1-1-72-100.-01/723-1169-ND/1630102
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/W67-X2Q12-20/PB593-ND/678226
Not to Code

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »

call...

ampshop.com
dimmerrack.com

both will have replacements..
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »

Square D makes a QOU series (QOU120 = 1P 20A) that can mount behind (through) a panel using the foot mounting clips in corresponding slots next to the face. The input and output lugs can turn to access the screw heads front or rear.

Jeff Robinson
Yep. That's the ones in our distros.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.