ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Self powered sub solutions?  (Read 1998 times)

Jordan McLaughlin

• Jordan McLaughlin
Self powered sub solutions?
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:01:21 AM »

Hello PSW. Sorry for the noob post but I didn't know where else to look as information on the things I'm considering are scarce or unreliable, hence why I thought "why not ask the audiophiles?". Now I'm far from an audiophile so don't judge my choice of surround sound speakers. I bought a set of Sony muteki HTM77 7.2 surround sound speakers a few months ago and as I upgraded from a set of 7 year old (but fairly high quality) 2.1 stereo speakers They ticked the boxes for me as I use them for loud party music and Surround sound gaming and movies. Although the subs are room shaking, after regular use I'm starting to want something with more grunt (I love my bass) that I can add on to my fairly good (for me at least) sound system. I'm looking for a self powered sub that can slam lower frequencies of at least 20hz with little db loss (preferably 15hz but my budget isn't to high) (my current ones fully kick in at around 45hz) that can shake my room and get even louder than my current ones. My budget allows for the sub to be 2000$ max. Preferably I'd like them to be big (I know size doesn't matter but I like the look) and volume and a high frequency range is essential. If your going to diss my lack of knowledge please don't reply. Thank you :)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Self powered sub solutions?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:52 AM »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Self powered sub solutions?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.