ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ? SUGGESTions for wireless trans/rec- use with selfPowered  (Read 3006 times)

Earl F Young

? SUGGESTions for wireless trans/rec- use with selfPowered
« on: April 30, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »

So, I'm cabling my life away when all i need to do is throw a few wireless (Senn 300G3 ENG or similar?) to remote speakers.
Ideally, Lectrosonics system/s would be my preferred way to go... but budget says no  ???

Sightlines cannot always be maintained, and distance (as the crow flies) wouldn't exceed 200'

The Alto Stealth http://www.altoproaudio.com/products/stealth-wireless gets okay reviews for use indoors, but according to reviews posted, folks using it outdoors have issues with range.

SUGGESTIONS???

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: ? SUGGESTions for wireless trans/rec- use with selfPowered
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:58:08 PM »

I have done 2 shows in the last month using at M3 iems to feed k10 delay speakers with no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »

So, I'm cabling my life away when all i need to do is throw a few wireless (Senn 300G3 ENG or similar?) to remote speakers.
Ideally, Lectrosonics system/s would be my preferred way to go... but budget says no  ???

Sightlines cannot always be maintained, and distance (as the crow flies) wouldn't exceed 200'

The Alto Stealth http://www.altoproaudio.com/products/stealth-wireless gets okay reviews for use indoors, but according to reviews posted, folks using it outdoors have issues with range.

SUGGESTIONS???

The Sennheisers will be nice, but pricey.

If you want to do it economically, pick up some AT VHF units from Ebay.  I use one of my old ones (belt pack transmitter) to send to remotes up to 150' away.  Just get the transmitter up in the air and a clear line of sight.  This will cost you well under $100.00/link...a fraction of the cost of UHF stuff.

I have experienced fewer problems with my VHF links than UHF...knocking on wood.

DR
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Earl F Young

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »

If you want to do it economically, pick up some AT VHF units from Ebay.  I use one of my old ones (belt pack transmitter) to send to remotes up to 150' away.
DR

Sounds good/ model number?

THANKS for the advice!

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »

I have been finding The AT 1200  Half 1U to work well as the receivers.  The T27 transmitters are the ones with a 50 mw power output.  I aim to find these on Ebay.  Some of the receivers are 20 to 50.  Same for the T27 transmitters. 

I use a guitar cable into the transmitter $15 to 20.  However there is a XLR to transmitter option also. 

I have also used the Behringer Shark DSP-110 to use the high pass to remove more of the bass.  100 hz. 
The shark also allows for the digital delay to help time the second speaker. 

I have tested the lower end with pink noise and found the T27 and receivers allow to 70 hz to 15 khz. 

Earl F Young

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »

I have done 2 shows in the last month using at M3 iems to feed k10 delay speakers with no problems.

what is this brand/ or is this a model?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »

I will be using a Shure ULX belt pack with the power adapter to get audio to speakers out on a patio this weekend. I gaff tape the receiver to the top of a speaker on the patio. The belt pack is gaff taped to a wall  nearby. Wires would be better but the windows are painted shut and the door would cut a cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »

what is this brand/ or is this a model?

Audio-Technica model M3. The lower case "at" is not as obvious as "A-T" as the brand. Mark C.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04:12 AM »

Mark got it. You wouldn't believe how many auto corrects my phone tried in just those couple of letters. In trying to fix M3 which it wants to change to MP3 and iem which it wants to change to item, I missed it also changed AT to at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04:12 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.